• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

But Republicans claim they Court has been too liberal for a long time.

But that can't be! I just read on the Fox website this morning an article saying that Republicans haven't packed the court at all, but what they've done since 2009 is perfectly normal and fine and constitutional, and it's those meanie Democrats who want to destroy our sacred constitutional form of government and make the Court a partisan instrument by unfairly expanding it!

Susan Collins is officially concerned: "At this time I'm not certain that Judge Amy Cony Barrett is the right person to replace Justice Ginsburg. I hope that my colleagues in the Judiciary Committee will be able to alleviate my doubts." She apparently announced in Maine today that she's not voting to confirm Barrett. I guess she must really be terrified at what the polls are showing in Maine.

Susan Collins is officially concerned: "At this time I'm not certain that Judge Amy Cony Barrett is the right person to replace Justice Ginsburg. I hope that my colleagues in the Judiciary Committee will be able to alleviate my doubts." She apparently announced in Maine today that she's not voting to confirm Barrett. I guess she must really be terrified at what the polls are showing in Maine.

Pretty much exactly what Mitch wants.

Collins and 2 other GOP Senators in tough races say they can’t support Barrett...so then a few thousand voters in their states (equivalent to a few percentage points) say “see [insert Senator Name] really is an independent minded Senator. I’m going to vote for him/her now.”

Then Mitch and the GOP stay in power...and Susan Collins and others continue to suck at the teet of Moscow Mitch and Trumpism for another 6 years as payback for helping her win in 2020.

Oh and Barrett still gets confirmed with 50/50 vote with Pence casting the tie breaking vote.

So, what happens if someone tests positive in the confirmation hearings? Does that put a halt to everything since everyone would need to quarantine?

So, what happens if someone tests positive in the confirmation hearings? Does that put a halt to everything since everyone would need to quarantine?

lol

Barrett is getting seated. That was a done deal the second RBG’s heart stopped beating.

There's a reason Republicans are refusing to get tested. (You'd think they wouldn't want Mike Lee out there spitting COVID, though.)

oh no i'm starting to sense feinstein isn't up to this task

Back