• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

I love reading the blowhard legal analysis on here. The Supreme Court has been making up shit since 1803. It has never been based in any actual “constitutional intent”.

Because if it was then you gun nuts would be showing up for militia duty ever month. But no, some overeducated dork, receiving compensation from the gun industry, decided that you blood thirsty fuck bois need not doing anything to serve your communities, you can cosplay and shoot up schools whenever you like.

Conservatives treat the constitution like the Bible. They disregard the intent and only highlight the few sections that allow for them to oppress others and exalt themselves.

Stop posting in a safe space, The current time is Sunday morning in America, despite their actions and true feelings conservatives are currently slurping down some Jesus juice to pretend they are good people.

Just calling balls and strikes.

The Supreme court is a joke. I will never take it seriously after the BS the Republicans pulled saying no nominations in an election year for Obama then giving t---p a justice one month prior to the election.

The Supreme court is a joke. I will never take it seriously after the BS the Republicans pulled saying no nominations in an election year for Obama then giving t---p a justice one month prior to the election.

I do not believe the Supreme Court is a joke and think they are much less politicized than any other body we have - I believe they honestly do their best to decide cases based on the facts, precedent and their understanding of the Constitution. They are human so they are going to have biases, but...

That being said, as a conservative, I disagreed with, and was embarrassed by, the stonewalling of Obama's nomination and how they handled Trump's. The politicization of Supreme Ct. nominations is a fairly recent phenomenon and one that I really hate. If you go back a couple of decades (maybe more, time flies), justices used to be confirmed practically unanimously.

That being said, as a conservative, I disagreed with, and was embarrassed by, the stonewalling of Obama's nomination and how they handled Trump's. The politicization of Supreme Ct. nominations is a fairly recent phenomenon and one that I really hate. If you go back a couple of decades (maybe more, time flies), justices used to be confirmed practically unanimously.

How do you address these points? If you vote Republican, you're giving approval to the tactics.

Complaining about the Federalist Society like it's the Heritage Federation is silly. I was reading something just the other day about a keynote Kagan gave at FedSoc.

That's not to say some of its members aren't doing insidious stuff, but basically every law student attends events and meetings. It's kinda like the dummies that try to paint SPLC as a far-left communist organization.

Do you agree with everything members of your party do?

I mean, there are some pretty big “things” to swallow when voting Republican these days. Not like you’re agreeing to disagree about coke vs Pepsi.

Before you bring it up, there are lots of active posters here who used to vote Republican so despite jh and junebugs whining it’s not quite so slanted around here as they’d have you believe.

No but they’re not undermining democracy.

This is the right response.

Democrats didn't try to overthrow an election, hustle Supreme Court seats, redistrict on racial lines, backdoor their way around settled case law, lie about COVID and vaccines, and undermine election integrity (kinda the first part too).

Before you bring it up, there are lots of active posters here who used to vote Republican so despite jh and junebugs whining it’s not quite so slanted around here as they’d have you believe.

"We've achieved the perfect balance, you guys! The people that agree with us AND the people that have always agreed with us. Definitely not an echo chamber!"

Just because people universally think you’re a douchebag doesn’t mean they agree lockstep on everything else.

I agree with JH, we need 1 or 2 more fascists and true believers like him, Anus, Sailor and Junebug to achieve the proper balance. I think 20 normal, intelligent people balances pretty well with 5-6 right wing extremists.

Back