• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

the official new supreme court thread - Very political

They look like Americans to me. At no point in time have the majority of white Americans supported Black people gaining political power. If fact, the question over our history hasn't been for or against, it's passively against or violently against.

"Over half of women, 54 percent, say that having a Black woman on the Supreme Court would be a good thing for the country"

That means most white women don't think having one Black woman on the Supreme Court in the entire history of the country would be a good thing.

I intellectually know that, I just still have a hard time comprehending it. But I obviously don't live it everyday.

We need jh to explain why his people are so scared of black women because I just can’t figure it out.

It's a good question. They were for her:

aunt-jemima.jpg

But they're against her:

Oh no, a self imposed deadline might slip...

It's tone deaf at best and wagging the dog at worst. The only thing people want to see Biden speak about today is our response to what is happening in Ukraine, not an announcement of a nominee when it could easily be delayed until a more appropriate time.

Disagree. Presidents do lots of important stuff at the same time. We don't let Russia dictate how we run our country. It's not like he is going to the Caribbean on vacation while his constituents freeze in a snow storm.

It's a good question. They were for her:

aunt-jemima.jpg

But they're against her:

Makes sense. Black woman good at Forsyth Country Club refilling the creamed corn. Black woman bad sitting in judgement of guys eating creamed corn at FCC

So is a multicultural justice system. We can have both.

Nah black women are activist judges with a biased agenda.

Conservative whitey is fair and balanced

If Biden had just wanted a black female justice then he would have been fine nominating Michelle Childs, I am very glad that he choose a candidate with history as a public defender.

Gee, Tucker, I wonder how having a black woman on the Supreme Court would undermine America's "ancient institutions"?

Undermining valuable institutions important to our governance is a Republican and Fox News specialty.

So I don’t think that’s what he’s really unhappy about.

It’s a sad day when LK is taking his talking points from Tennessee Republican Marsha Blackburn.

“President Biden’s announcement just days after an unprovoked full scale invasion by Russia is extremely inappropriate,” said Senator Blackburn. “Once again, Biden is putting the demands of the radical progressive left ahead of what is best for our nation.”

https://www.blackburn.senate.gov/20...wn-jackson-to-the-united-states-supreme-court

It’s a sad day when LK is taking his talking points from Tennessee Republican Marsha Blackburn.

“President Biden’s announcement just days after an unprovoked full scale invasion by Russia is extremely inappropriate,” said Senator Blackburn. “Once again, Biden is putting the demands of the radical progressive left ahead of what is best for our nation.”

https://www.blackburn.senate.gov/20...wn-jackson-to-the-united-states-supreme-court

I don't think it's out of bounds to think it's a bit tone deaf to announce an historic thing like a SC nominee, and female of color, during the first days of a full scale war against an American ally. She deserves the spotlight all to herself.

The announcement is in no way is bad for our nation. It's just a bit tone deaf IMHO.

I’ve seen no complaints from anyone but white people.

I don't think it's out of bounds to think it's a bit tone deaf to announce an historic thing like a SC nominee, and female of color, during the first days of a full scale war against an American ally. She deserves the spotlight all to herself.

The announcement is in no way is bad for our nation. It's just a bit tone deaf IMHO.
Any other day that he could have made the announcement might have brought some new horrible news, especially if this war is ongoing. Why not do it today-give people something to be happy about, especially when many would have CNN on in the background?

I’ve seen no complaints from anyone but white people.

Oh, come on now. You can do better than that.

Explain to me based on exactly what I wrote, what you disagree with.
Focus on the part where I said "She deserves the spotlight all to herself"

Any other day that he could have made the announcement might have brought some new horrible news, especially if this war is ongoing. Why not do it today-give people something to be happy about, especially when many would have CNN on in the background?

I get this angle. But, the first day or two of a GD war is going to dominate the news cycle. A huge announcement like the first woman of color SC nominee is huge news. What's wrong with Monday?

Back