• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official terrorism thread

After reading that 911 call transcript I am half-surprised this dude didn't off himself.

FBI arrested a 19 yo today in Harrisburg for "material support" and pledging allegiance to ISIS

School district in Virginia shut down today after an outrage over a teacher having kids write "there is no God but Allah" in Arabic to show them the difficulties and beauty of the written language. The line was not translated and according to the district was not meant to be adopted as a statement of fact or intended as indoctrination. The district similarly has students copy calligraphy during a lesson on China. There were so many calls and comments made that law enforcement, after increasing security presence on Wednesday and Thursday, advised the district they should close schools on Friday for safety

i keep sending these things to my wife as reasons we can't leave cali.

I hope the police investigate these calls which necessitated shutting down the entire school system for the district. Some criminal charges just waiting to be discovered there.

i keep sending these things to my wife as reasons we can't leave cali.

Yep I saw the article because my girlfriend sent it to me and said "another reason I will never move back to the south."

Disclaimer: I know there are idiots everywhere.

I know there's at least one idiot in Boston.

Staunton is not exactly a bastion of forward thinking. I mean it's pronounce Stanton.

I know there's at least one idiot in Boston.

Staunton is not exactly a bastion of forward thinking. I mean it's pronounce Stanton.

Lol touche. I've never heard of Staunton before. I wonder how big the school district is in the first place.

Staunton is near Charlottesville and the home of Woodrow Wilson. It's not a very big school district. The county wide population is <75,000.

Staunton is near Charlottesville and the home of Woodrow Wilson. It's not a very big school district. The county wide population is <75,000.

This. Augusta and Rockingham counties are very white, Pub and religious. There is a large Amish/Menonite presence in the Shenandoah Valley. (The Amish Cheese Shop in Stuarts Draft is great - good prices on cheese, bulk spices and snack food.) This is the last area in the country where their school system would be trying to indoctrinate their kids with the Islamic faith. Staunton is actually a cute small city with a nice downtown and Mary Baldwin U. It's also the home of the Statler Bros, which makes it less appealing to me. This is some serious silliness.

"Now take a look at the worksheet you just completed with calligraphy. You have now been indoctrinated and radicalized by the calligraphy we didn't even translate for you. Suck it kids."

I mean what's the game plan here for indoctrination? So ridiculous.

Back