• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official Wakeforest22890 Wine Club

Wine by the Numbers
Deacon Vines
Wake Forest Wine Cellar
Uncorked Numbers
Lucky Numbers Wine
Wine So Dear

Alright Numbers - is shipping 3 bottles ea doable ? Usually clubs do 6 to 12 but I dunno if the crowd wants that many (I wouldn’t care either way). 3 seems like a number we can talk about

i am IN. just bought about 2 cases of random things through last bottle this weekend and could stand to have some curation.

We can touch base in the new year. Kicking off wine programs from a retail context in December isn't the best time since it's the busiest month of the year.

Jumping back into the strength of schedule discussion from the last few days. Here is the current SOS ranking for the 15 ACC schools. Note that Wake has not played an ACC game and everybody else has, however that's probably not the world's biggest boost one way or the other. These go from "most difficult" to "easiest" schedule so far this season:

1. UNC
2. Clemson
3. Florida State
4. Syracuse
5. Duke
6. Georgia Tech
7. Virginia
8. Notre dame
9. Virginia Tech
10. Boston College
11. NC State
12. Louisville
13. Miami
14. Wake Forest
15. Pittsburgh

Pitt is outside the top 300. Wake is sitting at 292. The top five teams are all in the top 100 and then teams 6 through 9 are in the top 200.

I understand that we lost to Utah and so we played Towson instead of Houston, but Wake absolutely has to stop playing so many teams in the 275 to 363 rated range. It's an easy way to avoid having a glaringly high number on the team sheet for OOC SOS and it's maddening that we keep doing the same thing over and over and over. This is going to be an issue that is pointed to for Wake's resume if we're in the bubble discussion come March. It's the same issue that arose a few years ago when we missed out on the tournament with Alondes.

Back