• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official Which Stock/Company Will Trump Trash Today Thread

ONW

Reaction score
Today it's LLBean apparently. Yesterday, the pharmaceutical industry. Previously, Boeing, Pepsi, Ford, etc. At what point does this become illegal, or should I just wake up at 5 am every morning and start shorting stocks mentioned on his tweets?

You think LL Bean is gonna tank? There is that boycott of them so maybe. Guess we'll see.

oh man, can someone hack wellman's twitter and insult trump? Trump will be all about #wellmanOUT

The point was he making endorsements/derogatory statements about American businesses based on how they treat him.

“Thank you to Linda Bean of L.L.Bean for your great support and courage,” he wrote on Twitter Thursday morning. “People will support you even more now. Buy L.L.Bean. @LBPerfectMaine.”"

Yes, it's a private company, but the President is openly encouraging people to buy their products, and without his tax returns, how does anyone know that he's not privately invested in the company?

Somebody needs to point his wrath in the direction of [name redacted].

I will save this post for posterity, when you start blaming Obama for Trumpcare. Hopefully, you worked the if you get pregnant you can't keep your job addendum into the still secretive legislation.

The point was he making endorsements/derogatory statements about American businesses based on how they treat him.

“Thank you to Linda Bean of L.L.Bean for your great support and courage,” he wrote on Twitter Thursday morning. “People will support you even more now. Buy L.L.Bean. @LBPerfectMaine.”"

Yes, it's a private company, but the President is openly encouraging people to buy their products, and without his tax returns, how does anyone know that he's not privately invested in the company?

welcome to 2017

Unless he had earned income from LL Bean or had a capital gain/loss from selling the stock, how would his tax return show he had an investment in that company?

Put me in the camp that was glad to hear him go after big Pharma.

Answer to the question- The ones his friends and family has shorted the say or week before.

After all, according to him, he can't commit conflict of interest. I'd look for a case to go to court over this.

Put me in the camp that was glad to hear him go after big Pharma.

Yeah, really. If there was any outrage about this, I'd think it would be coming from the right and not the left. And, IIRC, he didn't single any of them out. He just badmouthed the prices they charged. Pretty much par for the course for DC.

Back