• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Ongoing Totally-Not-Terrorism Thread

Could somebody check with the military and see if we could just drop bombs on ISIS? Would that do it? Hearts and minds all over the place in that scenario. Lets put an end to muslim extremist idealogy with bombs.

What's the latest from Imperial Japan? Nazi Germany?

Well dv7's options have actually happened which was kind of the point.

4) Shock and Awe air campaign to remove the Baath regime, followed by a handover of civilian authority to local leadership willing to work with the outside world and join the eighteenth century, buttressed by a concerted air campaign conducted by coalition Air Forces designed to erode and degrade insurgent centers of gravity.
Where are the leprechauns and fairies in this plan?

5. Ask really really nicely if those meanies in the Middle East will play nice and if they say no, put them in timeout in accordance with America's role as teacher for the whole wide world.

4) Shock and Awe air campaign to remove the Baath regime, followed by a handover of civilian authority to local leadership willing to work with the outside world and join the eighteenth century, buttressed by a concerted air campaign conducted by coalition Air Forces designed to erode and degrade insurgent centers of gravity.

Isn't that exactly what happened outside of the whole ground war thing?

6)Hold a vote on crushing ISIS. If you vote yes, your taxes go up. If you vote no, your taxes stay the same. That would be an interesting poll question.

Last edited:
I'd be more interested to see who spent the advertising money before the vote. In a vacuum, OXI would crush.

6)Hold a vote on crushing ISIS. If you vote yes, your taxes go up. If you vote no, your taxes stay the same. That would be an interesting poll question.

I like this.

What's the latest from Imperial Japan? Nazi Germany?
I'm no military historian, but this is probably one of your dumbest posts ever on this board. You believe our strategy in WW2 is applicable to a hybrid war on terror against an extreme fold of a worldwide religion? Just who and what do you think we should bomb to prevent random muslim extremists from shooting up navy recruitment offices?

Last edited:
Your choices are:

1) An Iraq today with Sadaam Hussein
2) US Troops still in Iraq by the tens of thousands
3) ISIS controlling a large swath of land in Iraq

Which one is the worst choice in your opinion? Which is the best choice? And why?

Thanks!

Directed to jhmd:

Was your suggestion what you thought would be the worst choice or best choice? If worst, what is the best? If best, what is the worst?

After that I will be happy to respond to your 4th option. I just want to know where you stand first.

Isn't that exactly what happened outside of the whole ground war thing?

The ground war was kind of a big part, and the United States (both Presidents) bungled it with different forms of denial (although if I had to choose, I'd prefer Obama's brand).

what about the unborn, newly born, and existing children on the ground you would knowingly and intentionally rip limb from limb and splatter across the rubble? Are they just Iraqi women's chattel? Is this shock and awe campaign.............moral?

what about the unborn, newly born, and existing children on the ground you would knowingly and intentionally rip limb from limb and splatter across the rubble? Are they just Iraqi women's chattel? Is this shock and awe campaign.............moral?

Mill would say so.

what say you jhmd? You're a big boy with thoughts of your own, and IIRC you were in the military. If you were in charge of giving the order to begin the shock and awe campaign, and your team of commanders discussed the fact that thousands of children were in the direct line of fire, would you give the order?

This is only tangentially related, but I think it's interesting that many if not most north european and middle eastern Islamic people are ethnically white or caucasian. Albanians and Yugoslavians? White. Iranians? White. The media sure doesn't make that connection.

If we (Americans) can shock and awe thousands of innocent babies to 'protect our interests in the region' and save hypothetical lives, why can't an American woman shock and awe a single baby out of her womb? She's 'protecting her interests,' and potentially saving lives because that baby could be a mass murderer - or a really bad bus driver, hypothetically.

They don't even understand most Iranians are Persian, not Arab.

Back