• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The only bracket you'll ever need

Blocked at work for "provocative attire." What exactly are you linking, JDawg??

Its got the tv channels, the dates and times, plus the odds.

and RPI, SOS, Last 12 games, record vs top 50 RPI, announcing tandems, and other ranom things (like the lyrics to "Come on and watch some basketball"!)

This is what I don't get, why are the 16 seeds only 500/1? There has never been a 16 seed to beat a 1 seed, so wouldn't their odds of winning the whole tournament be something stupid like 50,000:1?

This is what I don't get, why are the 16 seeds only 500/1? There has never been a 16 seed to beat a 1 seed, so wouldn't their odds of winning the whole tournament be something stupid like 50,000:1?

If you were a bookmaker would you give out astronomical odds like that?

If so, I'll take all of the 15 and 16 seeds at $1 apiece and 50,000:1 odds.

Are there minimum bets at most books? I would have to assume there are, but I've never bet.

If you were a bookmaker would you give out astronomical odds like that?

If so, I'll take all of the 15 and 16 seeds at $1 apiece and 50,000:1 odds.

Well, yeah, exactly. Chances it happens are, what, 1,000,000,000:1 or so - so they put some crazy number out there to get people to start putting down $5 bets on Pacific, Southern and the like and it is money they would never have to return, and even if they did, there is a lot of money they would make on the bets on the top 16 teams or so. Seems like easy money for a bookie.

There is probably some math formula I am missing that explains why I am stupid, but whatever.

Anyone want to share their bracket predictions with me? I need to enter my office pool bracket and have not had anytime to research the matchups.

Nice to see there is another Czabe listerner on these boards (even if it is that Twerp J-Dawg). His gargantubracket is the best.

I don't listen to him :noidea:

Back