• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Origin of "One Shining Moment" - A corny pick up line?

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
No disrespect to Peabo and Luther, but the original is the best version.

One of the few songs that can still bring me pretty close to tears...

I watch the 2005 edition and pretend like there is a lot more shots of us, including CP holding up his jersey at the end.

Then I get really sad.

AIR, 'One Shining Moment', with the wonderful collage of tourney highlights ( with each school featured ), was heard at the conclusion of the CBS broadcast.

Now, can someone help me on the equally great song that always opened CBS's coverage of the Final 4 games ? All I can recall is the recurring lyric line " This is It "....

thanks

I watch the 2005 edition and pretend like there is a lot more shots of us, including CP holding up his jersey at the end.

Then I get really sad.

facepainters are an odd breed

When I went to the final four in ATL a couple years ago, we decided to walk into the convention center and came across a series of TV stations. Each one was playing one year of One Shining Moment on repeat. It was awesome.

Then we snuck into the CBS afterparty.

AIR, 'One Shining Moment', with the wonderful collage of tourney highlights ( with each school featured ), was heard at the conclusion of the CBS broadcast.

Now, can someone help me on the equally great song that always opened CBS's coverage of the Final 4 games ? All I can recall is the recurring lyric line " This is It "....thanks

Kenny LogginsFan batsignal

When I went to the final four in ATL a couple years ago, we decided to walk into the convention center and came across a series of TV stations. Each one was playing one year of One Shining Moment on repeat. It was awesome.

Then we snuck into the CBS afterparty.

In the NCAA Hall of Champions in Indianapolis, they have a exhibit that plays every One Shining Moment. It was much cooler when I saw it pre-YouTube, but still an awesome thing to have.

Love one Shining Moment...not so much the new version.

The Teddy Pendergrass version is the ONLY legit one and if you disagree you deserve to die. That's a fact.

Then I get really sad.

+1. I have watched the 05 one a few times and I just get sick to my stomach.

Back