• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit's First Pet Peeve Thread

People posting the word “sweet” before their kid/grandkid’s name on social media. Just saw a post referring to “sweet Evie’s” christening.

Chaps my ass when a calendar invite in Outlook that I've done nothing with other than accepted and then clicked to join a meeting asks me if I want to save changes to it before closing it. No, I did not make any changes in the first place and I don't want to save changes to a calendar invite for a meeting that already happened.

Chaps my ass when a calendar invite in Outlook that I've done nothing with other than accepted and then clicked to join a meeting asks me if I want to save changes to it before closing it. No, I did not make any changes in the first place and I don't want to save changes to a calendar invite for a meeting that already happened.
This is a good one. I've read a lot of threads on MSFT Community boards and people get HEATED over this and MSFT is basically just like deal with it.

When a "musician" clearly samples an older song and claims it was accidental confusion that they came up with on their own, when it was clear they just stole it. Like Vanilla Ice with Under Pressure or Dua Lipa with Need You Tonight. Yeah, you dipshits and everyone you work with had never heard those songs before, and you magically came up with the exact same sound. Just admit you ripped it off on purpose because it sounded good and move on. At least Luke Combs didn't try to change anything.

When a "musician" clearly samples an older song and claims it was accidental confusion that they came up with on their own, when it was clear they just stole it. Like Vanilla Ice with Under Pressure or Dua Lipa with Need You Tonight. Yeah, you dipshits and everyone you work with had never heard those songs before, and you magically came up with the exact same sound. Just admit you ripped it off on purpose because it sounded good and move on. At least Luke Combs didn't try to change anything.
Counterpoint: Dua Lipa is smoke

I prefer Elvis Costello's take on the subject: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-57650176

Back