• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The real impact of Citizens United showing more and more

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
The Koch Brothers are spending tens of millions of dollars already. They are trying to buy the Senate.

The Roberts Court has put Congress truly up for sale and pushed every day Americans out of politics. Why give $10 or $50 or even $100 when a stroke of a pen multiplies your donation by a MILLION?

CU has taken away the power of free speech from hundreds of millions of Americans.

They spent $200M in 2012. Shouldn't they already own the Senate?

Looks like they're not good with their money.

They spent $200M in 2012. Shouldn't they already own the Senate?

In 2012 they spent much of the money on the presidential election. Without "justifiable rape" and "you don't get pregnant when raped", they might have pulled it off then. Those two races tainted many others.

But you're right in America, two people should be able to have such power over others. They should be allowed to lie on grand scales to brainwash others to get what they want.

The Koch Brothers are spending tens of millions of dollars already. They are trying to buy the Senate.

The Roberts Court has put Congress truly up for sale and pushed every day Americans out of politics. Why give $10 or $50 or even $100 when a stroke of a pen multiplies your donation by a MILLION?

CU has taken away the power of free speech from hundreds of millions of Americans.

Their buddy Art Pope has already pulled it off in North Carolina. Gerry mandering and Americans for Prosperity spending has enabled the tea party to erase years of progress.

I am a firm believer that campaigns should be tax payer financed. Give each candidate a limited amount of funds and let them do what they want with it. The conservatives will say that not being able to donate to whoever they want limits their freedom of speech. I disagree. You would have the right to support whoever you want. This just takes the money out of it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
So when Obamacare costs the Dems the Senate, it will be John Roberts' fault, but because of Citizens United. Got it.

So when Obamacare costs the Dems the Senate, it will be John Roberts' fault, but because of Citizens United. Got it.

It hasn't cost the Senate yet. Not reason to believe it will this year.

No, certainly nothing to see here. All is well.

I didn't say that. If the Senate didn't swing in 2010 at the height of anti-ACA sentiment, no reason to think it will swing in 2014. I just don't think the numbers are there. If you do, show your work. Which states are swinging to give the GOP 51?

"fuck cu they gave us bz" is a fantastic tag!

I didn't say that. If the Senate didn't swing in 2010 at the height of anti-ACA sentiment, no reason to think it will swing in 2014. I just don't think the numbers are there. If you do, show your work. Which states are swinging to give the GOP 51?

it did swing in 2010, just not enough for GOP to capture control. GOP picked up 6 seats in 2010. The party still underperformed, thanks to disastrous nominees in Delaware and NV. (and arguable CO, though I think Bennet deserves a lot of credit for winning his race.)

6 seats this year would flip the chamber.

not saying that will or won't happen, but Obamacare played a big role in 2010 senate elections, and the result was GOP +6.

as for how the GOP gets to 51, the most likely scenario is to hold KY and GA, and then win: MT (sort of an open seat), SD, AR, AK, WV and one more of:LA, IA (open seat), NH, MI (open seat).

given the terrain (largely red states where Romney won with significant margins), most handicappers, think GOP has a pathway, but hardly a slam dunk.

I do this for a living and think it's 50-50. (bold, i know) But really, i think it's 50/50. Politico outlined the scenario today. (as has everyone else): http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/2014-senate-republican-takeover-103297.html?hp=t1_3

it did swing in 2010, just not enough for GOP to capture control. GOP picked up 6 seats in 2010. The party still underperformed, thanks to disastrous nominees in Delaware and NV. (and arguable CO, though I think Bennet deserves a lot of credit for winning his race.)

6 seats this year would flip the chamber.

not saying that will or won't happen, but Obamacare played a big role in 2010 senate elections, and the result was GOP +6.

as for how the GOP gets to 51, the most likely scenario is to hold KY and GA, and then win: MT (sort of an open seat), SD, AR, AK, WV and one more of:LA, IA (open seat), NH, MI (open seat).

given the terrain (largely red states where Romney won with significant margins), most handicappers, think GOP has a pathway, but hardly a slam dunk.

I do this for a living and think it's 50-50. (bold, i know) But really, i think it's 50/50. Politico outlined the scenario today. (as has everyone else): http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/2014-senate-republican-takeover-103297.html?hp=t1_3

Industry shill.

Why are wealthy people so angry?

Back