• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

shocking i say.

I have a christian cult right outside my neighborhood. (google calvary temple sterling va if you are interested. wapo had an extensive article 09 or so but there is other stuff). apparently we give off the "don't bring your bs at me vibe" because we are friendly with them but we've never been invited over (and vice versa to be fair). a new neighbor on the other side of them was invited over for dinner. dinner was fine and normal. apparently after dinner they began spontaneously speaking in tongues. I can only imagine what the conversation was as the door closed behind the guests. "you know, I think that went really well. I bet we see them sunday !!"

There's a huge difference between maintaining your ancestral culture and believing that your ancestral culture is superior to all others.

and this. the ven diagram of "american exceptionalism" (can do no wrong) and the republican evangelical movement has to be a circle right?

God, I really hate religion. If any of you participate, I suggest you get the hell out now if you have any part of your soul left. "But my church is different" -no, you're just feeding the beast. Everyone needs to exit.

God, I really hate religion. If any of you participate, I suggest you get the hell out now if you have any part of your soul left. "But my church is different" -no, you're just feeding the beast. Everyone needs to exit.

See, I knew as a white Christian I actually was being persecuted. Time to join the Republican party!!!

Mako is part of the problem, Christian teacher pushing his make believe on others, did he really step down from coaching or was it that he wasn’t allowed to pray at center court after every game.

proggressives and liberals better put aside their differences or we are all going to be living in authoritarian theocracy.

These are political battles not cultural battles. That’s how Eurocentric and White Christian values have traditionally spread, violence and politics.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that the Religious Right is winning cultural battles, because the great majority of people are not changing their cultural or social views, like going back to church or turning against gay rights or whatever. What they are doing is winning political battles in the Supreme Court and red state governments. I don't see them converting any new followers to their religious or cultural beliefs, they're just trying to force those beliefs onto everyone via their current political control of government institutions.

proggressives and liberals better put aside their differences or we are all going to be living in authoritarian theocracy.

lol always amusing to see how many different topics and crises you can respond to with “Bernie Bros better get in line”.

lol always amusing to see how many different topics and crises you can respond to with “Bernie Bros better get in line”.

Both of you need to fucking stop this shit. Yes, the 2016 election may have started the end of our democracy. But both of your perspectives are to blame for this. Show up and vote against fascism for the rest of us who aren’t cishet white guys.

I said both sides need to put aside their differences to fight a common enemy that is literally threatening democracy and you take that as an attack.

Both of you need to fucking stop this shit. Yes, the 2016 election may have started the end of our democracy. But both of your perspectives are to blame for this. Show up and vote against fascism for the rest of us who aren’t cishet white guys.

a fucking men. give them the kanoji angre treatment for this topic.

You all are the fucking idiots who won’t stop complaining about “progressives” not voting hard enough for Democrats. It’s beyond tired. Get the fuck off twitter and search for real solutions to your problems. It’s not that you want to drop the topic, it’s that you want progressives to stop defending themselves and take the blame for everything. Well here’s my answer to that: fuck off. Stop picking at the scab.

For the millionth time, we absolutely *do not* have to join forces or whatever the fuck. Voting is not the solution to any of these problems, and even if it were, progressives and liberals already vote together. We aren’t singing kumbaya together online, stop pretending that it’s important for us to get along.

so you don't think that the right presenting a unified message about the Dems being terrible isn't more effective then the left and far left constantly tearing each other apart? I disagree.

Just dropping by with an endorsement (and really necessary read) for Killing the Black Body by Dorothy Roberts. Should be required reading for anyone who wants to understand reproductive justice.

Back