• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The team will bounce back

dmcheatw

Reaction score
i think this game was an anomaly from a turnover perspective. we were like 5th in the nation at turnover margin, we'll get back to good ball protection and when we do we'll be fine.

if we beat ND then we're still more than on track for the majority of mid-season projections.

sure we have some suspect units and players, and the remainder of our schedule is tough, but i do still believe we will bowl this year, which means the season was successful.

Last edited:
Desperately needed a win today to avoid one of the shitty bowls. Today's loss guaranteed that if we go to a bowl it will be one that nobody wants to go to.

Can't see us win more than one more game this year....very poor game against a hole team we should have beaten.

I'm not so sure we bounce back. We totally got our asses handed to us by a team I can't fucking stand.

I see us getting blown out by Notre Dame and Clemson. We may squeak by Maryland. However, Vanderbilt is a pretty good team and will probably wax us as well.

I hate to say what I have said, but I think it is reality.

This team has a lot more heart. They know they are sniffing a bowl game and a winning season. Cutting it to 21-17 in the 3rd qtr after not playing our best says to me that we can play. We were moving the ball on early drives in the 1st. TO's caught up to us today.

We've also played two D-lines (Carolina and FSU) that are pretty stout and highly rated yet we seemed to still handle them relatively well.

Desperately needed a win today to avoid one of the shitty bowls. Today's loss guaranteed that if we go to a bowl it will be one that nobody wants to go to.

I want to go to a bowl. I'll take any one of them and cheer like hell for the team. Hope you will too.

i think we'll bounce back with a good effort next week.

I can have a lot fun in DC and have never been to Idaho. I only see upside.

Seattle at the end of December isn't the greatest, but we had a ball.

i think we'll bounce back with a good effort next week.

I want to believe that; but, we have not given a good effort since the Fla.State game, IMO.

And, I have no clue why that is. Thus, I do not know what it will take to turn us around.

Whatever it requires I hope someone finds it....quickly.

This team has a lot more heart. They know they are sniffing a bowl game and a winning season. Cutting it to 21-17 in the 3rd qtr after not playing our best says to me that we can play. We were moving the ball on early drives in the 1st. TO's caught up to us today.

We've also played two D-lines (Carolina and FSU) that are pretty stout and highly rated yet we seemed to still handle them relatively well.

This might be true. I really think that we were looking ahead and panicked after the fumble.

To begin, Carolina isn't a poor team. They've got loads of talent on both sides of the ball. We were just off today. Tanner finally had a bad game, Bud finally had a bad game, we had a couple of injuries...and that's a bad mix. We'll be back.

I don't think it is an issue of bouncing back. We were not as good as our record first half of season. I think that getting bowl eligible is a huge accomplishment for this team and we should be pretty damn happy to get on more win to get there. But this wasn't just a down day or anything. UNC was just better than us, and so is ND, Clemson, maybe Vandy.

If this team continues to get better as I think they will, maybe we can shoot for more. But 6-6 and a bowl is a success this year, I think.

I don't think it is an issue of bouncing back. We were not as good as our record first half of season. I think that getting bowl eligible is a huge accomplishment for this team and we should be pretty damn happy to get on more win to get there. But this wasn't just a down day or anything. UNC was just better than us, and so is ND, Clemson, maybe Vandy.

If this team continues to get better as I think they will, maybe we can shoot for more. But 6-6 and a bowl is a success this year, I think.

This absolutely was a down day for us. 5 turnovers is a down day. Especially when two of them are on tipped passes and one was off Camp's pass into the endzone. Granted, UNC is no slouch. They have NFL talent all over the field. But we are not 25 points less talented than UNC and we are certainly capable of beating them.

This was a bad day. Things snowballed. We were right in the game until late in the 3rd quarter when the wheels fell off. It happens. Look at Oklahoma last week against TT.

Last edited:
I'll add the obligatory "too bad we didn't finish the job against Syracuse."

This absolutely was a down day for us. 5 turnovers is a down day. Especially when two of them are on tipped passes and one was off Camp's pass into the endzone. Granted, UNC is no slouch. They have NFL talent all over the field. But we are not 25 points less talented than UNC and we are certainly capable of beating them.

This was a bad day. Things snowballed. We were right in the game until late in the 3rd quarter when the wheels fell off. It happens. Look at Oklahoma last week against TT.

Anybody can beat anybody. That's why you play the games. I'm simply saying that at 5-2 there was alot of talk about this bowl or that when we are not there yet. Nothing I've seen from us this season made me think that we would win this game straight up. Yeah, if UNC made some mistakes early and we got a lead or something, but they didn't do that. We are not good enough on both sides of the ball and for four quarters right now.

Back