• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The War With Iran Starts Today

CHillDeac

Reaction score
The real reason for our war with Iran. Iran is scheduled to start-up their oil bourse today and begin trading for oil outside of US Dollars. And on cue this happens:

Belgium-based SWIFT, which facilitates the bulk of global cross-border payments, said it would disconnect designated Iranian financial firms from its messaging system on Saturday at 1600 GMT after European regulators ordered the company to do so.

"The EU decision forces SWIFT to take action," SWIFT Chief Executive Lazaro Campos said in a statement on Thursday. "Disconnecting banks is an extraordinary and unprecedented step for SWIFT. It is a direct result of international and multilateral action to intensify financial sanctions against Iran."

SWIFT, or Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication, has been described as the glue of the global banking system, handling daily payments estimated at more than $6 trillion.

This is an act of war!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/15/us-nuclear-iran-idUSBRE82E15M20120315

Ah theocracy, the celestial despot.

Between Iran and Sudan, Mr. Obama better get to Saudi Arabia or we're looking at $5 gas by November.

Wait, is this the same as SWIFT Boat Captains for Truth? RJ's gonna be pissed

Gatling Guns? We're buying fucking Gatling Guns?

150 years later and somebody finally gets it right. Its on Persia.

Gatling guns and lasers. Apparently we're fighting a war simultaneously in the 19th century and 22nd century.

My Boss mentioned Iran today, saying like the military has computers running simulations of likely events. And basically if Isreal bombs Iran, Iran will instantly take out one of our ships, killing 200 people and we'll be thrown into the mix no matter what. And the end result, as simulated, is that Iran sets off terror strikes in the US that will forever change our way of life.

My Boss mentioned Iran today, saying like the military has computers running simulations of likely events. And basically if Isreal bombs Iran, Iran will instantly take out one of our ships, killing 200 people and we'll be thrown into the mix no matter what. And the end result, as simulated, is that Iran sets off terror strikes in the US that will forever change our way of life.

Yuck, it's almost an inevitability that we end up at war with Iran. However, I'm not sure if our country has the heart for a full scale war unless something truly catastrophic happens on US soil. I guess Iran's betting on that. That's a mighty risky bet.

If we take on iran it needs to be all or nothing. Level the entire country ww2 style or avoid the conflict. The afghan/Iraq model doesn't work. Sad but true.

We do not need a war with Iran. We need trade with Iran. We need to sell Iran iPads.

How about we just make an app that controls a weapons armed drone and we all collectively bomb Iran with our 600$ toys just to show the world how much better we are than them. I mean we could afford it and I know it can't be harder than temple run. That shit is as tough as Michelle's spanx..

So they can jam every foreign website?

So they can experience what the rest of the globe currently enjoys as freedoms, and want it for themselves. This is already happening, if anyone could drop the flaming rhetoric and take a clear look.

So they can experience what the rest of the globe currently enjoys as freedoms, and want it for themselves. This is already happening, if anyone could drop the flaming rhetoric and take a clear look.

Perhaps, but I think the inflammatory rhetoric has stemmed from Iran and not us (or Israel) for about the last 30+ years now.

rhetoric from "iranian leadership," not from iran

How does that change anything??

Having iPads all of the sudden will do absolutely NOTHING to make the population want to change the current form of government, if anything, the benefits of trade will validate the regime.

If anyone needs to drop the rhetoric, it is Iran. Ahmadnejad hass aid to the Ayatollah that Israel must be wiped off the map.

Where has a leader of Israel said something that deranged??

Back