• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Things I have heard

Wynn's footwork issues were obvious on the short video someone posted of him a few weeks ago. He has total duck feet and zero lateral quickness. His handles were bad also.

Well that sounds like an objective review of our roster. Going to be a long season. Excited about S.Wright. He seems like our only overachiever.

Well that sounds like an objective review of our roster. Going to be a long season. Excited about S.Wright. He seems like our only overachiever.

Ya, I'm quite hopeful he will play well above his ranking. From the limited footage I've seen of him, he seems athletic, quick for his size and pretty polished. I like the look of his stroke too. We shall see, but impressive if he's already an early bet to start.

Saw the tape on Wright playing pg against OakHill. Wright made some nice shots and got to the line quite a bit. The game overall was a total mismatch.

Is there anything worse than watching a Deacon basketball team that can’t rebound?

Don’t answer that.

"Sarr- Definitely stronger but not a volume rebounder and will appear MIA at times. Still could be out 2nd best player"

That's probably the most damning statement in that post.

Haha. “Very strong but not very skilled.”

That’s good too. Kinda like a young Lou Ferrigno.

Just throwing my personal basketball take out there: "can't rebound" is such bull shit. Can you have a disadvantage in rebounding by being smaller/weaker? sure. But if you want a rebound you can go and get it. I'm 6'0 and constantly boxed out big men for rebounds in which I either got it or got an over-the-back called on their center/PF. Not saying 100% of the time but I would easily put it at a 70% success rate and it's all effort and proper technique.

That was a depressing read.

Hard to believe how far this program has fallen. This sounds like a team in the depth of the BZ years.

Been a really long time since I looked forward to a basketball season.

In the old days, it seemed like forever between seasons and it was exciting to see the new team.

God bless all of ya'll that make it to the arena to see this in person. Tickets should be free with a t-shirt of your choice as a bonus.

Just throwing my personal basketball take out there: "can't rebound" is such bull shit. Can you have a disadvantage in rebounding by being smaller/weaker? sure. But if you want a rebound you can go and get it. I'm 6'0 and constantly boxed out big men for rebounds in which I either got it or got an over-the-back called on their center/PF. Not saying 100% of the time but I would easily put it at a 70% success rate and it's all effort and proper technique.

You got any eligibility left?

Hard to believe that WF has such an abject lack of back court depth, particularly at the point. PG is the one position with the smallest difference between the elite level teams and teams that are ranked below 100. You can find competent/solid PGs at the Wofford and Elon level of basketball. There just are so many more at least decent/passable quality PGs on the HS level than bigs because the vast majority of people are shorter than 6-3, yet WF somehow finds itself with a roster with one player capable of playing PG at a competent level. Going to be fun watching WF lose to Davidson, UCF, Valpo or Richmond or St. Joe because they have more back court depth than WF.... That should never happen.

That’s true of every basketball related skill.

Hard to believe that WF has such an abject lack of back court depth, particularly at the point. PG is the one position with the smallest difference between the elite level teams and teams that are ranked below 100. You can find competent/solid PGs at the Wofford and Elon level of basketball. There just are so many more at least decent/passable quality PGs on the HS level than bigs because the vast majority of people are shorter than 6-3, yet WF somehow finds itself with a roster with one player capable of playing PG at a competent level. Going to be fun watching WF lose to Davidson, UCF, Valpo or Richmond or St. Joe because they have more back court depth than WF.... That should never happen.

Seems like the only way to get someone to stay for a couple of years is for their dad to be a coach. Manning must be a whole lot of not fun.

Let's get a draft Ryan Odom petition going.

That’s true of every basketball related skill.

It always matters, but athleticism is much more important in other parts of the game than rebounding. I would put every cent I will earn my entire life on the hypothetical scenario that I’d be able to get a rebound from Grayson Allen before I ever blew past him driving to the basket.

I picked the first SF/SG I could think of that I hated.

Back