• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Things more intimidating than Wake Forest fans

literally everything

attachment.php

More chins than a Chinese phone book.

Gee, the someone who wrote "Whoa, someone's getting testy" seems to be the one getting testy.

Glad to hear you weren't relieved (per se), but I would imagine that you saw that the handwriting was on the wall regarding the rest of your Army career and that you punched out before some board asked you to show cause for why you should be allowed to remain in the service.

I remember reading the Stars and Stripes and seeing your picture in it with a towel wrapped around your head, appearing to lecture your Soldiers, and thinking to myself, "what's up with that dude"? I did read your book (you're welcome for the royalties). Does that count as "super pogue research"? What I read solidified my belief from I what had read earlier in Stars and Stripes.

I fully admit that I am not a combat Soldier and have never held myself out to be anything of the kind. However, I did complete Airborne and Air Assault School, and I did go outside the wire plenty enough times to fully earn my right shoulder patch. (I did go to a decent law school.)

If posting a picture that I thought was funny labels me as a dumbfuck, then I guess that makes me and a lot of other people a dumbfuck. You seem to be the one who is taking this to a political level. Are you so overprotective of "Barry O" that someone posting what by any objective standard is a funny picture of him (in a sports pose, no less) justifies you calling them "dumbfucks." What about "Discussing Wake Forest Athletics. Freely."

Now, go ahead and respond. You have only called me a dumbfuck six times and a super pogue a mere four times. You've not really put forth a good effort until you reach a dozen on both counts. In any event, I'm done "e-battling" you. You are not worth any more of my time.

Now, go ahead and respond. You have only called me a dumbfuck six times and a super pogue a mere four times. You've not really put forth a good effort until you reach a dozen on both counts. In any event, I'm done "e-battling" you. You are not worth any more of my time.

You actually counted how many times he did each? hahahaha

You're god damn right I get testy when some wannabe dwarf clown willfully mischaracterizes my service, something I'm very proud of and the memories of which I hold dear. I served honorably, so fuck you for even hinting otherwise.

There's no "per se" about it, dude. If you did the research you claim to have, you'd know that. Saw the writing on the wall? Punched out? Dear Lord. No to all, and again, don't mischaracterize something you clearly don't comprehend. I got out for reasons that had nothing to do with pissing off a middle manager because of a ranting blog post. ("Some board?" You do realize the promotion rate in active duty to lieutenant colonel is like 98%, right? You are a clown car. A very tiny one, apparently.) I very strongly considered staying in. We didn't play office games in the Cav. Combat arms really is a different world than pogue land if you think I got at 25 out because "OMG I'll never make general now!" Good Christ. You are a super pogue, not because of where or how you served, but because of your mentality toward service.

And it wasn't a towel, dumbfuck. It was a balaclava. Life at the outposts is/was a little different than the comfort of the FOBs. And it wasn't a lecture, dumbfuck. It was an op order. Good Christ.

Oh yeah, Barry O is your Commander in Chief, whether you like it or not. You should probably show some more respect toward him, even here. You're an Army officer, for fuck's sake. Act like one.

Last edited:
There are countless other threads on the Sports Board with memes of John Boehner, George W Bush, etc. etc. Personally I don't like to argue politics on the sports board either. I just thought the meme was funny. If it upsets anybody that much then feel free to roam about the "People who are better than Jeff [Redacted] at their job" thread. You'll get a whole lot from the other side.

Last edited:
Wow, 92 and Irish going at it. Doesn't take much to draw out Irish's self-importance, I see. Again.

92, fwiw, went to a great law school, works at a top flite firm, and continues to serve after two deployments. Not sure he should be on the receiving end of anybody's lecture.

Gee, the someone who wrote "Whoa, someone's getting testy" seems to be the one getting testy.

Glad to hear you weren't relieved (per se), but I would imagine that you saw that the handwriting was on the wall regarding the rest of your Army career and that you punched out before some board asked you to show cause for why you should be allowed to remain in the service.

I remember reading the Stars and Stripes and seeing your picture in it with a towel wrapped around your head, appearing to lecture your Soldiers, and thinking to myself, "what's up with that dude"? I did read your book (you're welcome for the royalties). Does that count as "super pogue research"? What I read solidified my belief from I what had read earlier in Stars and Stripes.

I fully admit that I am not a combat Soldier and have never held myself out to be anything of the kind. However, I did complete Airborne and Air Assault School, and I did go outside the wire plenty enough times to fully earn my right shoulder patch. (I did go to a decent law school.)

If posting a picture that I thought was funny labels me as a dumbfuck, then I guess that makes me and a lot of other people a dumbfuck. You seem to be the one who is taking this to a political level. Are you so overprotective of "Barry O" that someone posting what by any objective standard is a funny picture of him (in a sports pose, no less) justifies you calling them "dumbfucks." What about "Discussing Wake Forest Athletics. Freely."

Uh, yes. That's how insecurity works.

Sigh. You are such a dumbfuck. I didn't get relieved. I actually got promoted and ended up staying with my men on the line, a win-win. That instinct is certainly something a super pogue wouldn't understand, so I won't hold that against you, despite all the hero worship of dead cavalry officers like Mosby that actually had some cajones. Do some super pogue research beyond the Stars and Stripes when engaging in e-battle. Dear God, no wonder our JAG corps is such a mess. Lemme guess - didn't exactly go a top tier law school, did you?

Regardless, you're still a dumbfuck for posting a political meme here and Barry O is still infinitely more intimidating than some dwarf JAG lawyer that spent two deployments behind a desk dodging papercuts.

BOOM Game, set, match.

Wow, 92 and Irish going at it. Doesn't take much to draw out Irish's self-importance, I see. Again.

92, fwiw, went to a great law school, works at a top flite firm, and continues to serve after two deployments. Not sure he should be on the receiving end of anybody's lecture.

"flite?"

Back