• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Things You Are Interested In That Most People Are Not

SDeacz

Reaction score
-Sorting and entering the current price of more than 50,000 baseball cards in my card collection. Along with many other useless baseball stat keeping endeavors on excel.

-Keeping Score during a baseball game. Have every game I've ever been too, plus about 50 padres games a year I watch on TV

I like to look at menus of the top restaurants in the world (Le Bernardin, the French Laundry) online for some odd reason even though I don't live anywhere near these places.

Also anything about old Hollywood.

wake sports
Celtic Music
Stats
The psychology of reward systems.

Skydiving
Astronomy and physics
The paranormal (more from a folklore/legend POV; I don't really believe in ghosts or aliens but love reading ghost and UFO stories)
Foreign and experimental film, and film technique
Transgressive literature
New England

I'll start:

Serial Killers - Used to read a great website all the time called Crime Library (I think it got bought by Trutv a while back).

I think a lot of people are interested in serial killers. They're pretty fascinating.

I like scandinavian heavy metal.

-Sorting and entering the current price of more than 50,000 baseball cards in my card collection. Along with many other useless baseball stat keeping endeavors on excel.

-Keeping Score during a baseball game. Have every game I've ever been too, plus about 50 padres games a year I watch on TV

This is awesome. I was just gonna say baseball, or maybe the Detroit lions.

I started a similar project a few years ago, but got burned out after a few hundred. I really need to go through and document which cards I do own, for insurance purposes, even though the total worth is probably only $100.

Add me to the serial killer list. Or, rather people who are interested in reading about them.

Also, unsolved mysteries. Anything from murders to disappearances to weird natural phenomena.

I started a similar project a few years ago, but got burned out after a few hundred. I really need to go through and document which cards I do own, for insurance purposes, even though the total worth is probably only $100.

It was actually not that much fun. I also put all the cards in plastic covers. This card collection was passed from grandpa-dad (About 100 cards, all worth 30-500$ each) Then my dad had about 30,000 some really valuable, some not so much.

Then I had about 20K in my card collection.

And the "worth" of these cards are Baseball Beckett's guess. It would be hard to find a trader or collector to pay for some of those prices.

(Interestingly, Daughter of the creator of baseball beckett went to Wake Forest.)

Back