• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Third best player on the basketball team?

Third best player is...

• Total voters
I'm a fan of Green and I think he will be a decent reserve for us throughout his career at Wake. He hustles, and plays decent defense. Just needs to add some weight to his frame! A year in the weight room would have been huge for him.

Start Fischer and legitimately give him the green light. Would love to see what he does with 13-14 shots in a game. Can't get any worse than the other day.

I mean you have to think he would go 6/14 with about 3 3-pointers, right?

- CJ at Point - have to bite the bullet here
- Chase
-McKie
PF: I don't know since this is a huge problem that we cannot grab boards and DUKE will kill us if we stay small (Desrosiers? Green?)
C: Walker

bzzzz may be stupid, but i doubt he's stupid enough to move CJ back to the point

This question gets to one of the main reasons why this team does not compete against ACC level competition. I selected Chase, but only on potential.

It would be very hard to say it's not Ty to this point, which is insane.

He's now played in 24% of our team's minutes (at more than 20 min per game over his 8), which gets him out of the insignificant sample size space, but not a large enough sample size to qualify for categories nationally (which only 6 of our players have to date). In that time Ty:

- Has our top offensive rating (118.4), ahead of even CJ (111.6) and Travis (106.6). This is while taking 16% of our shots while in the game, a similar rate to Chase, and higher rate than Carson, Fields, or Green.
- Is our best offensive and defensive rebounder by % of boards grabbed, just ahead of Carson (19.2% to Carson's 18.4%) on D, and way ahead of everyone (13.1%, Mckie 2nd at 7.6%, Green at 8.0% in very little time) on O.
- Leads the team in blocked shot %, at 12.7%. That is ahead of Carson's 11.8%, and Carson is 16th in the country in Blk%.
- He also commits at team low of just 1.6 fouls per 40 minutes, while leading the team in block% and rebounding%. I actually wish he'd be a little more physical and thus foul a little more, but it's not like he's just hacking people to get his numbers.

Yeah he has a long way to go, but it's tough to argue with his play THIS YEAR making him the third best player on our team. I just wish we would have seen this in prior years so that his progression would have made him even better this year.

An easier way to look at it is who would start next year if everyone was coming back.

CMM at point, CJ at guard, McKie at small forward, next best frosh at power forward, Ty Walker at center.

Guess it's possible that Devin and Moto would be a better 4 and 5, but that's why Ty gets the nod. Nikita is first out with Tony a close second. Chase is a role player and Carson is backpedaling.

It would be very hard to say it's not Ty to this point, which is insane.

He's now played in 24% of our team's minutes (at more than 20 min per game over his 8), which gets him out of the insignificant sample size space, but not a large enough sample size to qualify for categories nationally (which only 6 of our players have to date). In that time Ty:

- Has our top offensive rating (118.4), ahead of even CJ (111.6) and Travis (106.6). This is while taking 16% of our shots while in the game, a similar rate to Chase, and higher rate than Carson, Fields, or Green.
- Is our best offensive and defensive rebounder by % of boards grabbed, just ahead of Carson (19.2% to Carson's 18.4%) on D, and way ahead of everyone (13.1%, Mckie 2nd at 7.6%, Green at 8.0% in very little time) on O.
- Leads the team in blocked shot %, at 12.7%. That is ahead of Carson's 11.8%, and Carson is 16th in the country in Blk%.
- He also commits at team low of just 1.6 fouls per 40 minutes, while leading the team in block% and rebounding%. I actually wish he'd be a little more physical and thus foul a little more, but it's not like he's just hacking people to get his numbers.

Yeah he has a long way to go, but it's tough to argue with his play THIS YEAR making him the third best player on our team. I just wish we would have seen this in prior years so that his progression would have made him even better this year.

Well I'm certainly convinced. Very good post.

I think Ty will make a D-League roster, which is more than I project for anyone else on the roster besides Travis and CJ

Back