• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Third party extended warranty for car

Jeff Fatt

Reaction score
Are these a scam or do they really provide decent coverage? I'm assuming there are some of each. I posted previously about an expensive repair that my car needs (which conveniently just came off warranty) and was wondering if it may be an option to get an extended warranty and have the repair covered that way. If anyone has had good or bad experiences with extended warranties or any particular companies I'd be interested in that too.

I assume these are not limited to powertrain warranties but I really don't know. I have an expensive oil leak and don't know how much more life the clutch has. Are these types of things covered?

You won't be able to get that covered. They have restrictions.

Wynn's used to be good. Then they sold the company to Duke super-sports donor Steve Brooks. He ruined the company. It used to be very good now it's only there to make him money and screw customers.

How in the world would you expect a warranty that you have not yet purchased to cover a problem that you already know exists?

How in the world would you expect a warranty that you have not yet purchased to cover a problem that you already know exists?

Do they inspect the car prior to issuing the warranty? I didn't say I expect them to warranty it I'm asking how it works. Turn down the attorneyness.

I have only purchased extended factory warranties. The things they end up covering are not always clear. A good relationship with the car dealer has saved me a lot of money.

Back