• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This Is SportsCenter - Deacon dress code video?

Ricardo Peral and/or Loren Woods, plus some garbage minutes for Sean Allen IIRC. Think LaRue was gone by that point.

ETA: Just looked it up, and Allen actually started the vast majority of our games. Ouch. The incomparable Joey Ammo filled out the eight-man rotation.

Dude, Joey Ammo, it's too close to Christmas!

Oh yeah, the starters were:

Rutland
Braswell
Peral a BIG 3 man and I think he led the league in 3 point %
Sean Allen
Duncan

Bench:
Larue
Goolsby
I think we went to Loren Woods as the 8th guy, maybe Antonio Jackson (?), but Ammo very RARELY played unless my mind is really foggy.

We basically had a 7 man rotation by the end of the year iirc.

Peral was in the same class as Duncan, therefore graduated with Duncan in 97.

Woods freshman year was 97.

Goolsby/Ammo got 16 min/gm and 3-4 points.

Woods got 17 min/gm 7 pts/gm

LaRue graduated in 96 and averaged 30min per game that season.

Dude, Joey Ammo, it's too close to Christmas!

Oh yeah, the starters were:

Rutland
Braswell
Peral a BIG 3 man and I think he led the league in 3 point %
Sean Allen
Duncan

Bench:
Larue
Goolsby
I think we went to Loren Woods as the 8th guy, maybe Antonio Jackson (?), but Ammo very RARELY played unless my mind is really foggy.

We basically had a 7 man rotation by the end of the year iirc.

Woods wasn't on this team.

Peral shot 51% (51/100) in threes and led the conference in 3's by 5% points over LaRue. In fact we had the top 3 players in terms of % in the league that year in Peral, LaRue, and Goolsby. Rutland also made the top 10 @ 40%. He also attempted the most for us at 187 3's haha.

Ammonett hardly played at all...he didn't even score in conference play and only played in 7 of the conference games. Scored 15 points overall in 8 games over the course of the year.

My God we were good at FT's. We shot 74.7% in the conference and 70.4% overall. None of our regular rotational players shot worse than 72% (save Goolsby who played a fair amount but not a ton).

In 96-97 Ammo averaged 3.0 ppg exactly while Goolsby averaged 4.6. Great memory '83. Woods averaged 6.8 and 5.1 over the course of the year.

Last edited:
Also..this might be a dumb question, but why didn't LaRue start over Braswell in '96??? Was that a point of contention? His numbers were much better...

I think Rusty did start in 96, didn't he? He certainly got more minutes. He, Braswell, and Goolsby were all kind of platooned.

As for Sean Allen, the guy did his role pretty well. He wasn't spectacular by any means, but could rebound and get garbage buckets.

Back