• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This is starting to get old

"Buying votes" is far more abstract than profiting from policy.

So then why is huge government inherently bad, Hulka? What makes it more than a style thing?

Keep in mind that huge government is largely made up of Republicans.

Sorry, I have to drive to a work location, so I won't be able to go back and forth on this. Again, sorry.

I will address what you asked, however, I wasn't making a case either way, I was just saying that some people think lesser government is for the greater good. And, btw, the 'pubs keep government just a big as the dems (well maybe not that big, but it is close).

I personally feel that HUGE government is bad because it does not produce anything, takes away capital from the private sector that does produce, shackles people and business with too much regulation and it NEVER shrinks...it just continues to grow.

I feel that money kept in the private sector is better for everyone in our society.

Which comes back to putting/keeping money in your pockets and ROI. Thus my point.

Let me see if I can help explain.
Dem currently=bad
Pub currently=bad
Freedom=good
Constitution=good
Bill of Rights=good

Huge government tramples the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and thus our personal freedoms. This is both a Pub and Dem problem...

Last edited:
Back