• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

This is What I know...HOT TAKE!!!!

hoopla

Reaction score
Evidently there is some serious friction behind the scenes in the locker room between Grayson Allen & Harry Giles.
Per source, Harry feels that Coach K is partially responsible for his second ACL tear as he was advised to leave his senior year. Now that he's somewhat healthy, resentment has built knowing that he's second fiddle to Grayson Allen. As coach K is juggling both HG and GA's ego's, HG thinks his needs are on the back burner. To complicate matters even more, GA's mom is micro managing his breakdown, fearing his draft stock will plummet. HG's mom, in turn, feels that her son is not getting the individual attention as promised and there are a lot of closed door meetings. Situation is beyond toxic, the locker room is divided and resentment is everywhere.

#ICanT&WillNotBeSilenced #HooplaDishingNothingButTheScoopla #PutThatInYourChristmasStocking

Scoop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea if that is true. K does not strike me as the kind of coach that would tolerate intrusive parents. I don't care how good a player is, no coach should allow parents to have a say in who plays or who plays the most or gets the most shots, etc.

This will lead Harry to transfer to wake for his sophomore year to team up with chaundee and return the deacs to greatness and then go to the NBA

That's what happens when you make bad choices. If he chooses Wake, he could be averaging 25/10/6 for an undefeated team where chemistry would not have been a problem.

When you go mercenary for a coach who has won a lot but who has put less than his share of talent in the NBA, that can happen. Giles would hardly be the first All American to sputter out at Duke.

Bad karma to play Wake like he did, spending all that time with team, and then bolting to that soulless rat.

It would be wrong to say that I hope things do not work out for HG, so I will just not say anything about that.

It's a shame for Harry that 24 year old Amile Jefferson plays the same position as him and has been awesome this year. Also sucks for Harry that he's a bust!

My son talked to a local recent football commitment and said that HG is considering transferring. Nothing else but that.

Screen_Shot_2016_12_23_at_6_25_39_PM.png

Why would Harry transfer anywhere when he would have to sit out a year and could instead get drafted..?

I have no idea if that is true. K does not strike me as the kind of coach that would tolerate intrusive parents. I don't care how good a player is, no coach should allow parents to have a say in who plays or who plays the most or gets the most shots, etc.

That was definitely the case when I worked @Duke in the 90's. Disgruntled players/parents usually transferred.

It's a shame for Harry that 24 year old Amile Jefferson plays the same position as him and has been awesome this year. Also sucks for Harry that he's a bust!

To make matters worse, next season Lance Thomas is returning from his Mormon mission & will also compete for HG's PT

Did Giles not understand he was joining Grayson Allen's team? Did he not realize he was one of several star players? Amazing how K keeps pulling the wool over these kids' eyes when it's obvious what is going on.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Giles transfer now, he would be eligible next January and could be in the 2018 draft. That would be his best plan.

Last edited:
Why would Harry transfer anywhere when he would have to sit out a year and could instead get drafted..?

Yeah, this. The Sixers are going to make him sit out a year anyway.

That was definitely the case when I worked @Duke in the 90's. Disgruntled players/parents usually transferred.
Like how Duke convinced Derryck Thornton to graduate early, and then pushed him out after 1 season?

This may just be trolling. But HG seems like a baby. That explains the commitment to Duke.

I'm guessing that Burgess is a prime example of this. I sat near his dad at a high school post season camp after Burgess' senior year and the dad had a lot of helicopter in him, before helicoptering even became a thing.

Yeah, this. The Sixers are going to make him sit out a year anyway.

Ever noticed how a lot of ex Duke players aren't real close to K. Jason Williams isn't a K lover, that's for sure. It's all about K. Giles was overrated coming out of HS to begin with. His shooting is not good at all.

Back