• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread for Actual Actions Taken By Trump - Not All The Stupid Bullshit He Says

DeacMan

Reaction score
Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of t
January 23rd -

A - Federal hiring freeze put into effect other than for employees tied to matters of national security or public health. Seems like a strawman to me as it will just increase the hiring of outside contractors in many cases. But it was on his list of immediate to do's and he's done it.

B - Announces intention to renegotiate NAFTA

C - Pulls U.S. out of TPP

What was it he did re: Obamacare on Friday?

bgza9.gif

Global gag rule forbidding any money to go to public health agencies outside the United States that perform abortions, it's already illegal to use funds for abortion so basically the defunding of planned parenthoods worldwide. This one has Pence written all over it.

Also I thought I saw the executive order is only exempting military. Either way it's a huge fuck you to the military and veterans who are hired at an extremely high rate by the federal government.

Global gag rule forbidding any money to go to public health agencies outside the United States that perform abortions, it's already illegal to use funds for abortion so basically the defunding of planned parenthoods worldwide. This one has Pence written all over it.

Also I thought I saw the executive order is only exempting military. Either way it's a huge fuck you to the military and veterans who are hired at an extremely high rate by the federal government.

I pulled the exemptions on the hiring freeze from a WaPo article about the order. Public health and national security were the big buckets that were exempt.

in what way

I mean think about it practically if you've ever been through this at a corporation. The work still has to get done - at least in the short term. And a lot of it will flow to contractors. If he really wants to put a dent in spending he needs to get rid of positions entirely - eliminate work flows.

The abortion funding EO is a political football, gets passed by every Republican and repealed by every Democrat

I mean think about it practically if you've ever been through this at a corporation. The work still has to get done - at least in the short term. And a lot of it will flow to contractors. If he really wants to put a dent in spending he needs to get rid of positions entirely - eliminate work flows.

In a lot of cases that isn't how the Government progresses. A lot of government work simply won't get done when a hiring freeze is implemented. The Fish and Wildlife Service can't simply contract out endangered species assessments, or hire contractors for 1 or 2 year terms, there is no regulatory mechanism for it. The work simply doesn't get done, then it back logs, and then the Service gets sued for not doing the work they are supposed to do, then they have to pay to defend them selves in court. It is extremely inefficient to implement a blanket hiring freeze in the federal government.

Some of it will get done, a lot of it won't.

In a lot of cases that isn't how the Government progresses. A lot of government work simply won't get done when a hiring freeze is implemented. The Fish and Wildlife Service can't simply contract out endangered species assessments, or hire contractors for 1 or 2 year terms, there is no regulatory mechanism for it. The work simply doesn't get done, then it back logs, and then the Service gets sued for not doing the work they are supposed to do, then they have to pay to defend them selves in court. It is extremely inefficient to implement a blanket hiring freeze in the federal government.

Have no fear. He will be going after discretionary spending. It will be interesting to watch that breakfast getting made as both Rs and Ds all have their constituents who want to maintain one item or another that the gov. pays for.

How many abortions would you guess Trump has financed for him and his family? I would guess many.

Using international public health as an example of what happens if planned parenthood is defunded, every time the gag rule is put back in place woman's health suffers tremendously and guess what more abortions are performed, though less safely. It's narrow religious minded assholes that can't see beyond political points and self congrats when real woman suffer and in the long run what they really are concerned about, abortions, actual increase. Hey but fuck facts right it feels like it is the right thing to do.

Back