• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Three season sleeping bag

discdude

Lampin in the cut
Reaction score
I am looking for any recommendations on a super compressible synthetic sleeping bag. I would like to stay under $100 for it. Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

No specific recommendation of a model, but for a great deal, follow sierratradingpost.com and wait until they announce a 35% or 40% off deal on Twitter. (those are usually up for only a few hours at a time, mostly after 5 pm, but they announce their intention during the day). I score a lot of gear at @ 70% off. I have bought at least two sleeping bags from there; they have good gear.

No specific recommendation of a model, but for a great deal, follow sierratradingpost.com and wait until they announce a 35% or 40% off deal on Twitter. (those are usually up for only a few hours at a time, mostly after 5 pm, but they announce their intention during the day). I score a lot of gear at @ 70% off. I have bought at least two sleeping bags from there; they have good gear.

Yeah I get emails from them daily. Their sleeping bag selection is not great.

I sent you a PM.
Nice tags, all.

Way to bogart the info Leebs.

I didn't say anything to him yet other than say what he's looking for (in addition to boots and a bag) and I'll make some recs.
I also asked why he wanted synthetic over down (since I believe down is best 95% of the time).

I didn't say anything to him yet other than say what he's looking for (in addition to boots and a bag) and I'll make some recs.
I also asked why he wanted synthetic over down (since I believe down is best 95% of the time).

Morning dew and cost

so you're cowboy camping?

eta: how much do you want to spend, or how much are you willing to spend?

so you're cowboy camping?

eta: how much do you want to spend, or how much are you willing to spend?

If I don't have a fly, dew becomes as issue. Ideally, I would like to stay under $100

oof. under $100 is difficult if you want something that won't take up your entire pack and weigh 5 lbs.
it's doable, but you're definitely in the "you get what you pay for" realm with that.

oof. under $100 is difficult if you want something that won't take up your entire pack and weigh 5 lbs.
it's doable, but you're definitely in the "you get what you pay for" realm with that.

Yeah I figured I'm going to have to open the wallet a bit more.

Back