• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Three things you could not live without...

there's very little in the way of material possessions that i couldn't live without. i mean, there are things that i couldn't live without if i needed to continue living my life the way i am now (like i couldn't continue to have my job, etc, if i didn't have a phone and computer). but after hiking the AT, i realized that outside of the obvious actual things you truly CAN'T live without (food, water), i can pretty much do without everything else. it bothered me a bit to be without a phone, but i survived (unfortunately my grandmother didn't...which is why i then carried my phone after that point. i didn't want to risk another family member dying and my parents not being able to reach me). it bothered me to not have my computer, but after a while i stopped thinking about it. as long as i have enough clothes to stay warm and all the food/water i need (also preferably a sleeping pad and sleeping bag), i think i'm good without anything else.

again though, this is all considering that my life could be whatever i wanted it to be. i do not think i could carry on with my life as it is without all of that stuff.

Glad to see the responses started to avoid listing the iPhone/cell phone. You seriously couldn't live without a cell phone? When would you ever be in a situation when you need a phone and wouldn't be a) with someone who has a cell phone, or b) in or near a store/office/gas station/whatever that doesn't have a phone? If you're in the middle of the woods or the ocean, there is no reception anyway.

/rant

Glad to see the responses started to avoid listing the iPhone/cell phone. You seriously couldn't live without a cell phone? When would you ever be in a situation when you need a phone and wouldn't be a) with someone who has a cell phone, or b) in or near a store/office/gas station/whatever that doesn't have a phone? If you're in the middle of the woods or the ocean, there is no reception anyway.

/rant

cell phone
reception
someone to call for help

Back