• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Three Wake Student-Athletes Injured in Off-Campus Knife Attack (SJM one of them)

Deacsfan27

Reaction score
They were treated and released with non life-threatening injuries.

Sam Japhet-Mathias, Tyra Whitehead (women's basketball), and Tyler Williams (football) were injured.

https://www.bloggersodear.com/2017/...-student-athletes-injured-in-off-campus-party

WXII Story

Investigators said a group of students were at a private, social-gathering when they became involved in an argument that escalated into a physical altercation.

The physical altercation escalated further, as more people became involved, and subsequently three people received injuries consistent with being cut with a knife.

The victims were football player Tyler Williams, 17, and basketball players Tyra Whitehead, 19, and Sam Japhet-Mahias, 19.

Police said the students were treated and released from local medical facilities, and their injuries were non-life-threatening.

Hope the stabber wasn't another Wake athlete. Or any Wake student for that matter.

In my 4 years at Wake I knew some vicious assholes, but no one who would pull a knife. This, apparently, is what the world has become given the replies.

In my 4 years at Wake I knew some vicious assholes, but no one who would pull a knife. This, apparently, is what the world has become given the replies.

America was just better back then(???)

Me and a buddy worked at Bennigan's over summer school one year and brought a coworker out with us to a Wake party.

He told us he had to get out of there or he was going to end up cutting somebody and he couldn't go back to jail. We asked what he meant by cutting somebody and he just pulled out a butterfly knife.

Ive met SJM a couple times and I'll say the same thing about him as I did for Kearns - doesn't seem like the type to get mixed up in this kind of stuff. I will assume it was the fault of the opposite party until i see otherwise.

What kind of stuff did Kearns get mixed up in again?

What kind of people are our boys (and girl) mixing with? A WF person shouldn't be around anyone who'd pull a knife.

I dunno, JHo got kicked out of Daytonas the night before graduation for bringing someone who was strapped.

Me and a buddy worked at Bennigan's over summer school one year and brought a coworker out with us to a Wake party.

He told us he had to get out of there or he was going to end up cutting somebody and he couldn't go back to jail. We asked what he meant by cutting somebody and he just pulled out a butterfly knife.

Hmmmmm what semester ? Did we work together?

Back