• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TICK. TOCK. TICK. TOCK.

From April 2017:

Trump campaign adviser Carter Page targeted for recruitment by Russian spies

Two years before joining the Trump campaign as a foreign policy adviser, New York business consultant Carter Page was targeted for recruitment as an intelligence source by Russian spies promising favors for business opportunities in Russia, according to a sealed FBI complaint.

Page confirmed to ABC News that he is the individual identified as "Male-1" in a 2015 court document submitted in a case involving the Russian spies.

Page told ABC News he cooperated in the case and felt the feds "unmasked" him by describing him in January 2015 in a manner that would be known to energy insiders.

"I didn't want to be a spy," he said in an interview early Monday afternoon. "I'm not a spy."
According to the document, the FBI interviewed Page as part of an investigation stemming from the indictment of three Russian men identified as agents of the Russian foreign intelligence agency, the SVR. One of them, Evgeny Buryakov, was operating undercover as an executive in the New York office of a Russian development bank. The Buryakov case resurfaced in headlines last week when President Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, revealed he had met with the head of that bank. Buryakov was sentenced to 30 months in prison as part of a plea agreement, but he was released from prison over the weekend and is awaiting deportation to Russia.

In the FBI court filings, spy recruiters were overheard speaking with Buryakov about "the attempted use of Male-1 as an intelligence source for Russia," the court record says. The recruiter says he "promised Male-1 a lot" and told him he would use his "connections in Russia" to "push contracts" his way. "For now, his enthusiasm works for me," the recruiter says of Page.

Interested in Trump Administration?
Add Trump Administration as an interest to stay up to date on the latest Trump Administration news, video, and analysis from ABC News.
Page was never accused during the Buryakov case of having been successfully recruited or of spying. FBI agents say in the court record that they interviewed "Male-1" in June 2013. During the interview, Page described how he and the man identified as a Russian recruiter, Victor Podobnyy, met periodically and exchanged emails about the energy industry, but nothing in the court document suggests that Page shared any sensitive information with Podobnyy. Rather, it appears they spoke in much the way business executives seeking opportunities do — with Page touting his work ties to the Russian energy firm Gazprom. The Russians were heard laughing, saying Page had no idea they were government agents.

The FBI said "Male-1" provided the Russians his "outlook on the current and future of the energy industry" and "also provided documents … about the energy business."

Early in his campaign for president, Trump identified Page as one of his top foreign policy advisers during a Washington Post editorial board meeting. At the time, Page had almost no public profile in Washington foreign policy circles. In September he emerged as a key figure in the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election when questions began to circulate about a speech he gave at a prominent Moscow university over the summer. He was also named in the now infamous dossier prepared by former British spy Christopher Steele, who was hired to conduct opposition research on Trump. The dossier alleged that Page used the speech as cover to meet with senior Kremlin officials on Trump's behalf, a claim that Page has denied.

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=46557506

That memo was a whole lot of meh, also why the fuck was that thing classified, it has less information about practices than an ops daily report.

Just read the memo. Definition of nothingburger, of course.

Need renewal of FISA warrants every 90 days. they were asking for the regular renewal of the Page warrant, it appears.

I can see why they did this on a Friday.

Just read the memo. Definition of nothingburger, of course.

Need renewal of FISA warrants every 90 days. they were asking for the regular renewal of the Page warrant, it appears.

my thoughts as well.

better question: why did Trump hire a guy thought to be a Russian spy? doesn't he only hire the best, err, adequate, err....he hires people. Again, this is why he is so bad at running businesses. Vet you fucking employees people.

Last edited:
So why did they need a new FISA warrant?

Probably because they found incriminating shit that showed he was conspiring with a foreign country. I'm not a legal expert but common sense says if you are going to go through the rigorous process of applying for an extension of a FISA warrant that the group of judges who approve it would need to see evidence of wrongdoing during the first period it covers. This isn't tough.

FBI Association (whom Trump alleges to support) just told Trump to fuck off in a public statement.

How many heads are rolling right now, at least 10 by my count. Clinton and Hussein Obummer deep State is crumbling.

Page was already being monitored since 2013 but then again this is the dumb sect of the GOP talking.......Was hoping that the sex slave business at the pizza parlor was on there but oh well.....Moonz has fell for an absolute shite burger done by a compromised lawmaker....I look forward to the IC destroying these pseudo-americans

I bet this is the first time a POTUS put out a document about law enforcement that the FBI Document (whom he appointed) says is categorically false.

Hahahaha

Honestly fuck trump, fuck Nunes, fuck Paul Ryan, fuck matt Gaetz, and every other person who's playing fucking political charades with our country. Your bullshit is beyond tiring at this point.

You are all morally corrupt and history won't look kindly on this.

LOL Nunes is so dumb.

Back