• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tie Dyes

Deaconrob

Reaction score
Are we trying to break away from Tie Dye Nation? I rarely see any students wear them anymore.

Gotchya. Thanks. I have to admit though I'm gonna miss seeing them.

It was bad culture to have a proud and rowdy student section. We had to get rid of them as part of our necessary rebuilding process.

No self-respecting individual could possibly be expected to wear the tie dye in Ron's world. It was unbecoming of a Wake Forest supporter, student, or graduate. It was when these tie dyes were worn that the most heinous crimes against culture were committed: fun, happiness, but most of all winning.

Oh yeah you right. Too many thugs in the student section during those thug years with Skip and Dino...

Yes- new shirts are mostly black.

I have no issue with the change, but its kind of confusing because the program still seems to embrace the "Tie-Dye Nation" moniker.

Definitely an awkward transition period right now. Luckily we aren't on TV enough for it to be noticeable.

We have a much more respectful culture now that our students wave cute little pom poms.

I'm not bashing the students at all don't get me wrong. They've been pretty good the past couple of games. I'm just saying I'm gonna miss the fun times we had with Tie Dye Nation....back when the Joel was one of the toughest, loudest, and most rowdy arenas in college bball :/

Next year our student section will be required to wear a shirt and tie to better fit into the new culture

Yes- new shirts are mostly black.

I have no issue with the change, but its kind of confusing because the program still seems to embrace the "Tie-Dye Nation" moniker.

Definitely an awkward transition period right now. Luckily we aren't on TV enough for it to be noticeable.

I understand that what we are putting out there on the court isn't easily marketable, but our sports marketing is just atrocious.

I found it interesting (and more than a little bit sad) that in the promo that was played during the Duke game for the day to honor CP3, he said that he was looking forward to coming home "to see all those tie dyes" in the Joel. Memories of better times and days gone by ...

I like Wortman, I was talking about media relations in general for the athletics program not just basketball

Are we trying to break away from Tie Dye Nation? I rarely see any students wear them anymore.

It is just wrong to associate the Tie Dye Nation with this disaster. Thankfully, it has gone into hiding so that it can emerge in the post Buzz years as symbol of our resurrection.

To be fair, speaking as a current student, no one on campus likes those tie dye shirts. Most people think they look tacky at best, at worst they're an eye sore. No member of a Greek organization would really ever wear one, even to games, because of the stigma of the shirts being associated with geeds.

Last edited:
Back