• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tijuana Fats

dmcheatw

Reaction score
Anyone remember that restaurant? Odom used to go there a lot and they had this poster i recall "Power 2 move U" with roro dunking.

It was probably a shitty restaurant but I liked it. Never went there before a game, but went to the Hero House all the time before Bball tipoffs.

I remember passing it all the time, but never ate there. I think there may still be one in Blowing Rock? Maybe it closed as well.

I remember passing it all the time, but never ate there. I think there may still be one in Blowing Rock? Maybe it closed as well.

The one in blowing rock has been gone since prior to 2004. There has been two other Mexican restaurants in that spot since. I can't remember what is there now.

At the main bar here during spring break they have a contest called conquer the matador where the chicks get free drinks if they can handjob an old mexican guy with huge dong to completion. it's very rare. don't worry, they give them gloves and some sort of jelly.

Yeah the one in blowing rock closed, i managed to go there one time when I was headed to Boone. And two in raleigh? That's surprising, i wasn't aware, but for mexican in Raleigh Chubby Tacos is impossible to beat.

At the main bar here during spring break they have a contest called conquer the matador where the chicks get free drinks if they can handjob an old mexican guy with huge dong to completion. it's very rare. don't worry, they give them gloves and some sort of jelly.

also, lol wtf?

Yeah the one in blowing rock closed, i managed to go there one time when I was headed to Boone. And two in raleigh? That's surprising, i wasn't aware, but for mexican in Raleigh Chubby Tacos is impossible to beat.

also, lol wtf?

Chubby's is, indeed, pretty damned money as chain taco joints go. I was bummed they closed the one in RTP. That was a weekly haunt for me while it was there.

i tell no lies. just need one to open up in W-S...i think it's a franchise...anyone with some spare change wanna open a chubby's in w-s? the one on lake boone trail in Ral had lines up to 50 people long...

i tell no lies. just need one to open up in W-S...i think it's a franchise...anyone with some spare change wanna open a chubby's in w-s? the one on lake boone trail in Ral had lines up to 50 people long...

The one in RTP was only open for lunch, but at lunch it was a looooong wait to get in. I like the one at Lake Boone Trail, too. Those tacos are so good.

Chubby's is so great. Used to go to the one on 9th street all the time when I worked in Durham.

Is this different than Tijuana Flats? I'm confused. There is at least one of those in Charlotte, though I've never been.

yeah chubby's is different than tijuana fats, which is different than tijuana flats, apparently. tijuana fats was the mexican restaurant directly across from the coliseum in the 90s...they did a big lunch business, and had some WFU themed stuff but also had a good mexican atmosphere, different than all the others with the airbrushed art of latin american towns on the walls.

'70's Deacs will remember Tijuana Fats as T.O.G., a restuarant by day and college bar by night. I met my wife of 32 years (Salem College) there. First lite beer I ever had was a Schlitz Light at T.O.G.

What a relief

Back