• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tim Tebow - NWT

DeacFan2010

Reaction score
After the Broncos lost to the Raiders on Monday Night, there were many people in Denver calling for Tebow to start over Kyle Orton. The crowd was chanting Tebow's name in the 4th quarter while Orton was trying to lead a comeback. What say ye, sports board? Should Tebow be starting? What does it say about him as a quarterback that the ever-terrible Brady Quinn is 2nd on the depth chart?

I say it was a wasted pick that will never, ever work out. He has a better chance at being a bible salesman than a NFL quarterback.

Tim-Tebow-Florida-Gators-Loser-Crying-Scripture-Abuse-Bible-John-16-33-cry-baby-football-jesus-hates-the-gators-(2)-708277.JPG

timtebowgirlfriend.jpg

tim-tebow-need.jpg

1311795097-67.jpg

I kinda felt sorry for him when I saw him standing in a jacket next to Quinn and Neckbeard of all people.

He's definitely the most popular home schooled kid of all time. Except for maybe Jesus.

For once Herm Edwards I thought actually made a good point about this: Denver saw what Cam Newton did on Sunday and figured Tebow must at least be as good as he is, so they want to see him get into the game. What they don't realize is John Fox is now coaching their team.

John Fox isn't nearly creative enough to use Tebow.

That picture with those guys pointing cracks me up. Anyway, the pressure to play him is intense. Maybe he sucks in practice but can turn it on come game time? But yeah, I think he's a wasted pick and will never be a good NFL quarterback. Kind of doubt he'd be a good CFL quarterback.

Well it's not like he's competing against Tom Brady for the starting spot. Orton is 11-18 as a starter in Denver, a statue in the pocket, and crumbles under pressure. At worst Tebow blows ass and you draft Andrew Luck next year. What do you gain by continuing to play Orton? A big ol' pile of mediocrity? Yeah, good luck with that.

Well it's not like he's competing against Tom Brady for the starting spot. Orton is 11-18 as a starter in Denver, a statue in the pocket, and crumbles under pressure. At worst Tebow blows ass and you draft Andrew Luck next year. What do you gain by continuing to play Orton? A big ol' pile of mediocrity? Yeah, good luck with that.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_denver_broncos_quarterbacks_082311
The young quarterback dropped back smoothly in the pocket, looked off the safety and dropped a gorgeous touch pass over the coverage and into the corner of the end zone. His surprised target came out of his break to see the ball arcing downward, and reached up to snatch it just beyond a cornerback’s flailing arms.

Wooooooooooo! numerous Denver Broncos players exclaimed in unison, marveling at the inexperienced passer’s chutzpah and skill.

Yep, Broncos fans – it seems Adam Weber, a rookie free agent from Minnesota, has a little bit of game.
“He threw that ball before the receiver made his cut, and it came down in the dude’s hands like, ‘Merry Christmas,’ ” Pro Bowl wideout Brandon Lloyd(notes) recalled Monday. “He’s thrown four or five passes like that in camp where it’s been like … whoa. Weber’s got personality, and he’s got some swag about him, too.”

If you’re wondering about the plight of that other inexperienced passer on the Broncos’ roster – how far and fast he has fallen in the eyes of his bosses – consider that at least some people in the organization believe that Tim Tebow is the fourth-best quarterback on the roster.
As one highly knowledgeable member of the organization told me Monday: “If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy. Kyle [Orton] is far and away the best, and Tebow’s way behind [Brady] Quinn too. And I’m telling you, Adam Weber is flat-out better right now.”

Last edited:
For once Herm Edwards I thought actually made a good point about this: Denver saw what Cam Newton did on Sunday and figured Tebow must at least be as good as he is, so they want to see him get into the game. What they don't realize is John Fox is now coaching their team.

Newton's arm is 100x better than Tebow's. I thought this was fairly evident in college, but really evident after last week.

By the way, if Orton really is far and away the best qb the Broncos have they might be in for a long season. I think the pressure to play Tebow is gonna be too great- he'll get his chance. I suspect he won't impress though. But as that article I linked to points out:
This is a remarkable turn of events from last season, when Tebow started the last three games and engineered an impressive comeback triumph over the Houston Texans. Trailing 17-0 at the half, Tebow went on a passing rampage, throwing for 308 yards, and scored on a 6-yard run with three minutes remaining to give Denver a 24-23 triumph, the Broncos’ fourth and final victory of a miserable season.
I wouldn't be shocked if Tebow turns out to be a decent qb, I just don't think he will.

Last edited:
I like Tebow. I think he's a great guy, lives as he believes, but doesn't try to shove it down your throat, has used his fame to help a lot of people, works hard and would be a great teammate. However, the media made him into a larger than life figure and was so in your face with the praise of him, it made a lot of people sick of him. In college I'd get sick of hearing Gary Danielson on CBS gushing constantly over him, with the "if you spend just 5 minutes with Tim Tebow you're a better person!" He's just a man like anybody else, he benefited greatly in college by the system he played in and with the talent around him, but I think he does have great determination and heart, so if he does have the ability to be an NFL Quarterback he'll get there. Just don't know if he's got that ability.

I like Tebow. I think he's a great guy, lives as he believes, but doesn't try to shove it down your throat, has used his fame to help a lot of people, works hard and would be a great teammate. However, the media made him into a larger than life figure and was so in your face with the praise of him, it made a lot of people sick of him. In college I'd get sick of hearing Gary Danielson on CBS gushing constantly over him, with the "if you spend just 5 minutes with Tim Tebow you're a better person!" He's just a man like anybody else, he benefited greatly in college by the system he played in and with the talent around him, but I think he does have great determination and heart, so if he does have the ability to be an NFL Quarterback he'll get there. Just don't know if he's got that ability.

LOL

eta. if this post was a joke, I apologize for missing it.

Tebow should have been a 3rd-4th round pick to play H-back and do a little wildcat QBing here and there. His long wind-up throwing motion reminds me of Leftwich's, except he's less accurate than Leftwich. The problem in Denver is neither the FO nor Fox believe in Tebow. But then you have a mediocre at best team with a mediocre to decent starter in Orton. So the fans are going to continue to clamor for Tebow because they're effin' stupid, whereas they wouldn't clamor for him if the team were a playoff contender. Not a good problem to have and will eventually likely divide the locker room. Until Elway and Fox unload Tebow onto some other team, they'll continue to have this problem.

I'm so tired of hearing about Tim Tebow. He's this year's Brett Favre, as the NFL's "annoying, over-reported story that no one cares about."

By the way, if Orton really is far and away the best qb the Broncos have they might be in for a long season.
I can only imagine being a Denver fan on Monday night when Orton had his guy wide open and then just dropped the ball without any contact. Even I was sitting there shaking my head.

LOL

eta. if this post was a joke, I apologize for missing it.

Show me an instant where he has done that? Now, the media has talked about his faith to death, but I've never seen Tebow himself try to shove it down people's throats. Sure, he's talked about his faith, but I've never seen an instance where he's tried push it on other people. What's happened is we live in a world where a famous person mentions they're a christian or whatever, people act like they're trying to condem people who aren't. If somebody thanks God or Jesus in an interview people want to take issue with it, if somebody thanks their Mom or Dad nobody cares. He's got a right to live the way he believes, just like you or I have the right to live the way we want to. I understand the Tebow backlash, heck I was in that boat when he was at UF, but I blame the media for it, not him.

for starters did you see the eye black in the first picture?

Back