• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Timberlake Pulling Double Duty on SNL and Late Night

Looking forward to it....was looking forward to Kevin Hart too, but that sucked ass.

awesome love seeing him on both. I want another digital short with andy.

I don't know what they were doing with Kevin Hart. Really bad material.

Seriously...all of the skits were just stupid, and involved him screaming.

Though I did chuckle a bit at the ZZZZZZ-SHIRT!

They threw in like 5 skits in the last 10 minutes, it was weird

As much as I'm sure the writing was the problem, because the current SNL writing room is about as talented as Kris Lang; part of the problem is that SNL is not necessarily Kevin Hart's element. The guy is naturally funny, but you have to give him an outlet to just riff and actually be funny off the cuff. Playing characters is never going to be as funny as him being the character of Kevin Hart.

JT is a different story. He's a triple threat that was made for the stage.

As much as I'm sure the writing was the problem, because the current SNL writing room is about as talented as Kris Lang; part of the problem is that SNL is not necessarily Kevin Hart's element. The guy is naturally funny, but you have to give him an outlet to just riff and actually be funny off the cuff. Playing characters is never going to be as funny as him being the character of Kevin Hart.

A look at Lang's wraparound sideburns just for fun.

35_UKvsUNC4.JPG

So is Jamie Foxx and they screwed up with him worse than with Kevin Hart. Comedian, actor, singer with a background in sketch comedy and they completely bungled it. JT will be good though.

So is Jamie Foxx and they screwed up with him worse than with Kevin Hart. Comedian, actor, singer with a background in sketch comedy and they completely bungled it. JT will be good though.

I really wanted the Kevin Hart episode to be good because he's hilarious, but it sucked hard, the only real funny part was his 5 minutes of standup during the monologue. The Christoph Waltz episode was great though.

Agreed. The monologue was hilarious. That was Kevin Hart.

I'll give you that. You'll get no defense of the current SNL writing room from me, but Kevin Hart's expectations weren't really fair. I had high expectations for him too because he's a funny dude, but he was a fish out of water on SNL.

I'll give you that. You'll get no defense of the current SNL writing room from me, but Kevin Hart's expectations weren't really fair. I had high expectations for him too because he's a funny dude, but he was a fish out of water on SNL.

His Deniro impression was great.

No doubt about that. That's why SNL needs to get better writers or stick with their wheelhouse.

I'll also include Jennifer Lawrence as one that was completely unfunny. She's has one of the most engaging personalities in Hollywood right now and they gave her a bunch of boring sad sack stuff to do.

No doubt about that. That's why SNL needs to get better writers or stick with their wheelhouse.

I'll also include Jennifer Lawrence as one that was completely unfunny. She's has one of the most engaging personalities in Hollywood right now and they gave her a bunch of boring sad sack stuff to do.

The Bieber episode was also a complete piece of shit. I expected bad and it was worse.

I can think of about 4 episodes this season that I enjoyed. 2 of them involved some of the best comedic writers in the game today, one was hosted by a legend, and the last was hosted by a funny little Austrian man. I'll let you guess who they were.

I can think of about 4 episodes this season that I enjoyed. 2 of them involved some of the best comedic writers in the game today, one was hosted by a legend, and the last was hosted by a funny little Austrian man. I'll let you guess who they were.

Well, of all the hosts this season, Martin Short is the most likely to be called a "legend", but i'm going to guess you meant Louis C.K.

I thought the Seth MacFarlene episode was pretty great besides the opening monologue. The Vietnam Vet puppet and stuttering drill sergeant sketches were very funny

I thought the Seth MacFarlene episode was pretty great besides the opening monologue. The Vietnam Vet puppet and stuttering drill sergeant sketches were very funny

He's the other writer. The little Austrian is pretty obvious.

Looking forward to it....was looking forward to Kevin Hart too, but that sucked ass.

Seriously...all of the skits were just stupid, and involved him screaming.

Though I did chuckle a bit at the ZZZZZZ-SHIRT!

They threw in like 5 skits in the last 10 minutes, it was weird

ZShirt was fucking hilarious.

I also liked him reading for the Dove Chocolate. I am not a Kevin Hart fan, but was pleasantly surprised.

Timberlake is hilarious on SNL tho. Omletteville kills.

Back