• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time to accept that Bzz will be our coach for 2 more years minimum

greekdeac2011

Reaction score
No way Wellman fires Buzz after this next season with Mitchell coming in 2014. The perpetual youth excuse will continue. I hate this so much. The only way he leaves is literally for us to storm the campus and run him out of town. Otherwise, he is our coach till at least 2015, if not longer.

Acceptance is the wrong word. I will never accept this.

My 2013 - 2014 team:

25sandiegost-articleLarge.jpg

Not sure about this. With some very good teams coming into the league we could be so bad that Wellman is forced into action

Not sure about this. With some very good teams coming into the league we could be so bad that Wellman is forced into action

If the last 3 years weren't bad enough to force Wellman into action, nothing will be.

Agree. If Wellman didn't think 3 years of this disaster was enough to fire [Redacted] I cannot think of any scenario where we won't see Mr Personality on the sidelines for the next 2 years.

Agree. If Wellman didn't think 3 years of this disaster was enough to fire [Redacted] I cannot think of any scenario where we won't see Mr Personality on the sidelines for the next 2 years.

less than 10 wins next year would be the end...right? how soft is the non-conference schedule?

I think it's a big mistake at this point to count on Wellman ever firing [Redacted]. [Redacted] and/or Wellman either die in office, retire, or [Redacted] takes an NBA job. That's it. Hoping that we only have 1 more year of this, 2 more years, etc is simply a recipe for future disappointment.

I felt fairly sure that Buzzdick was going to be back next year. But I'm not so sure after that. If we have another losing season (which we're pretty assured to do), I think it's at least within the realm of possibility that the BOT asks Hatch to can Ron, which would lead to Buzzdick getting canned as well.

You don't get to keep million dollar a year jobs by admitting mistakes. deny deny deny.

less than 10 wins next year would be the end...right? how soft is the non-conference schedule?

Don't know..should have Xavier and Richmond for sure, and I think both should be better than this year. Not sure if we will get left out of the Big Ten challenge or if the new teams will be left out. If we're in then I imagine they'll have us play Northwestern or Penn State. I think we'll be in a preseason tournament (which couldn't be much shittier than the one we were in this year). I bet Seton Hall is replaced with another cupcake, not that they were very good either year anyway. Other than Miami, Clemson, NCSU, and VT, I believe the ACC will be better across the board (and of course Pitt, Syracuse, and Notre Dame are joining). We have had a pretty beneficial schedule the past two years (namely home & homes versus BC and GT both years, versus Clemson last year, and versus VT this year). Long story short, it's hard to envision us getting more ACC wins. Will probably do better OOC though.

Not that any of this matters. [Redacted] is not held to any performance standards.

We're in the Battle 4 Atlantis next year. Other teams: Kansas, Tennessee, USC, UTEP, 'nova, Xavier and one TBA (expected to be Mich State)

Reactions: TBR
We're in the Battle 4 Atlantis next year. Other teams: Kansas, Tennessee, USC, UTEP, 'nova, Xavier and Mich State

So in other words, we probably won't even be able to scrape out one win (we were lucky as hell to do even that the past two years against weaker fields..god [Redacted] sucks).

Gotta figure we'll be on the opposite side of the bracket from Xavier to try to minimize the possibility that we play them again. I wouldn't be surprised if it's somewhat similar to the order of finish this year and we get Kansas or Michigan State in the first round (loss), followed by the loser of the USC/UTEP game, and then the double losers from the other side of the bracket. But who knows at this point? I'm sure we'll play High Point again somewhere. I can't remember right now what games we still have outstanding. With 18 conference games, we'll likely have 9 additional non-con games beyond the tournament not counting Xavier and Richmond.

Gotta figure we'll be on the opposite side of the bracket from Xavier to try to minimize the possibility that we play them again. I wouldn't be surprised if it's somewhat similar to the order of finish this year and we get Kansas or Michigan State in the first round (loss), followed by the loser of the USC/UTEP game, and then the double losers from the other side of the bracket. But who knows at this point? I'm sure we'll play High Point again somewhere. I can't remember right now what games we still have outstanding. With 18 conference games, we'll likely have 9 additional non-con games beyond the tournament not counting Xavier and Richmond.

I am sure we will play vs High Point and "@" UNC-G..otherwise I don't really bother thinking about the cupcake games. As far as I know, Seton Hall was a two game series so the only thing we have outstanding is Xavier (not sure how formal Richmond is, but I am sure it will happen..if it's replace with a cupcake..wow).

We're in the Battle 4 Atlantis next year. Other teams: Kansas, Tennessee, USC, UTEP, 'nova, Xavier and one TBA (expected to be Mich State)

I was really looking forward to going down for this. I just can't justify doing that anymore with no passion for the product that the administration is giving us.

Long time lurker, very few posts I know... U can take this at face value. Always dread hearing the word "sources" so I will just say that I had a conversation the other day that lead me to believe that Bzz is back because of financial trouble. The Joel was being looked at by some group?? and WFU would not have a place to play if they didn't purchase because they certainly didn't have the money or land to build. In addition, revenue IS, in fact, way down and they are starving for money.
***sidenote- that's one of the reasons for such turnover in football. These guys can make so much more elsewhere!

No way Wellman fires Buzz after this next season with Mitchell coming in 2014. The perpetual youth excuse will continue. I hate this so much. The only way he leaves is literally for us to storm the campus and run him out of town. Otherwise, he is our coach till at least 2015, if not longer.

So he's going to can Buzz during Devin and CCM's senior campaign and Sheldon's Freshman to Sophmore Bump? That's the '04-05 Deacs in Ron's mind. If you're right, he's got another 3.

Back