• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time to Come Home Ron.....and Fire BUZzzzzzz

I agree. It should be it's own thread. I emailed that list twice a week oner the last month. Never got a response from anyone, not even canned. All my emails were respectful. Last time I emailed them I bcc'd our media list. The only response was from members of the media who appreciated the inclusion and "felt for us".

Someone posted email addresses for the entire board on another thread. I wrote a letter describing my concerns, including my concern about damage to our "national" face, fiscal irresponsibility in paying the clown 1M+ for doing such a sorry job, etc. I suggest EVERYONE write, and write today. Say whatever's on your mind. Let them know this IS important, at least to us! (BTW, our BOT is comprised of men AND women!)

Someone mentioned this somewhere else, but I have to believe the national media will harass the heck out of Wellman at the tournament games he attends on behalf of the committee over the next few weeks....if nothing else, the newspaper ad campaign has planted this on the radar of the national media

I'm just so fucking sick of this whole fucking situation. Fuck [Redacted] and Wellman so much. Assholes.

Ron Wellman, Hatch, and the BOT all seem like men that since they are in a position of power look down at those that do not. They have always been the big dogs and therefore really don't care what others think and say. This get magnified when those below them start acting out and just reinforces their positions. I wouldn't be surprised if they all just want to retain Buzz on the off chance something good happens. I mean in reality if Buzz made it to a year in which we had 8 seniors we probably would make the tournament, granted we would then just drop like a rock after but it might be a justification for see told you we are right, we are powerful, you are wrong mentality.

Does silence get us to rock bottom?

Jesus. I don't even know anymore. I'm just numb. I wanted to say Maryland was rock bottom because that showed the situation was irreversible with this guy as head coach, but who knows anymore.

I don't know if I'm going to go full crazy or just completely apathetic next season if [Redacted] comes back. It will be one of those two extremes, however.

Jesus. I don't even know anymore. I'm just numb. I wanted to say Maryland was rock bottom because that showed the situation was irreversible with this guy as head coach, but who knows anymore.

I don't know if I'm going to go full crazy or just completely apathetic next season if [Redacted] comes back. It will be one of those two extremes, however.

It's apathy for me. I watched the Maryland game with my dad, who doesn't follow Wake or college basketball very closely at all. At halftime, he was complimentary of the team and thought we were playing great. I told him to just wait until there wer 10 minutes left in the 2nd half because that was when the magic went away. Sure enough, the inevitable run began. By the end of the game, he was screaming for Bz to take a timeout and I was just shaking my head. Because it happened like fucking clockwork.

Rock bottom is an extension. Silence is not much better.

If we canned bzzz, I guess we'd have a 2-year buy out plus the salary of a replacement coach. How much is that a factor in light of reports (above) that our athletic dept. is a "mess" with regard to money? Is keeping bzzz simply the easiest, most cost effective move at this point? Is that why RW, Hatch, the BOT don't seem to care? (Pretty short-sighted, unless none of them trust RW to improve upon the coaching situation.)

I really want to just storm into Wellman's office in Manchester and just go off on the man.

If our finances in the AD are a mess, then they need to fire everyone. That is just ridiculous.

If we canned bzzz, I guess we'd have a 2-year buy out plus the salary of a replacement coach. How much is that a factor in light of reports (above) that our athletic dept. is a "mess" with regard to money? Is keeping bzzz simply the easiest, most cost effective move at this point? Is that why RW, Hatch, the BOT don't seem to care? (Pretty short-sighted, unless none of them trust RW to improve upon the coaching situation.)

We have no idea how much the buyout is for. Further, Bz is responsible for $1 million in lost yearly revenue (conservatively, if I recall the calculations someone came up with on another thread) at this point, and that number will likely go up if he's retained another year.

There's a News 14 car parked outside of Manchester right now. Keeping an eye on things.

There's a News 14 car parked outside of Manchester right now. Keeping an eye on things.

Are you News 14?

anchorman_fight.jpg

I want this thread bumped at least every five secs

Update please on the news team at Manchester?

Back