• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time to get fired up for football season!

The clips from Josh Harris v VaTech... you can very obviously tell when he accelerates, and good LORD that kid has some absurd break away speed. Can't wait for him to do some dirty things on the field this year.

Josh Harris is a talent. Enjoyed rewatching those clips of him ripping up Va Tech's defense.

I think I could watch that clip of Kevin Marion 1000 times and never get tired of it. Great moment. Wish I could find some clips of our 38-24 win against MD to clinch the Atlantic Division. Classic game and probably the best game I ever attended... we were unstoppable.

Does anybody have the skinner touchdown catch against Clemson? I cannot find it for the life of me on youtube

With an offensive line Josh Harris will do great things this year.

Best part is, "A beautiful piece of open-field tackling...BUT HE GETS AWAY!!"

That line cracks me up too. :D

I remember initially being furious that we threw a screen pass that was going to be blown up....but Adams saved the day with an amazing play.

In Vegas. Deacs getting 7 @ Syracuse. Found 40 to 1 to win Division & 100 to 1 to win conference. Put 100 on Wake to win $10k. No less likely than 2006.

In Vegas. Deacs getting 7 @ Syracuse. Found 40 to 1 to win Division & 100 to 1 to win conference. Put 100 on Wake to win $10k. No less likely than 2006.

I don't want to rain on what is an overdue purely optimistic thread on this board, but it is a lot less likely this year ... the conference is in a much better place than it was in '06 and we were a lot more competitive (and were more veteran) in '05 than we were last year.

Still, hope I'm wrong and that you have a nice little payday come December

I don't want to rain on what is an overdue purely optimistic thread on this board, but it is a lot less likely this year ... the conference is in a much better place than it was in '06 and we were a lot more competitive (and were more veteran) in '05 than we were last year.

Still, hope I'm wrong and that you have a nice little payday come December

One aspect comes into play that creates an "unknown" not much spoken of in this preseason is the number of teams with new QB's. Not all of these new kids are going to "step right in" regardless the hype. Never happens that way and this year is no different.

Injury will also play a prominent role as we've seen this preseason with Miami's loss of Seantrel Henderson to back surgery...

The guy who wrote the Raleigh N&O preview today predicts we'll only win 3-4 games this year, but projects progress (which though unsaid would at minimum translate to 5-7 wins) in 2012. I can live with 4-5 wins if we're avoiding the blowouts of last year, and it appears we're setting a foundation to be in bowl contention for 2012. Not where we all thought we'd be 3-4 years ago, but that may be the new reality.

Riley Skinner was a winner, period. He possessed intangibles that more than compensated for his lack of size or speed or arm strength. Those intangibles are simply not measurable. Perhaps we will find a similar hidden treasure on this year's team. Perhaps.

Riley Skinner was a winner, period. He possessed intangibles that more than compensated for his lack of size or speed or arm strength. Those intangibles are simply not measurable. Perhaps we will find a similar hidden treasure on this year's team. Perhaps.

We have 8 chances to find the diamond in the rough. Question: why the heck do we have so many quaterbacks?

Great clip, but one of my biggest pet peeves in sports is the usage of the term "reverse" in football when it doesn't apply. Such as this clip, where the announcer says Wake "fakes the double reverse," where in fact we were only faking a single reverse.

Excited for Lovell Jackson and Michael Campanaro running the same play.

Great clip, but one of my biggest pet peeves in sports is the usage of the term "reverse" in football when it doesn't apply. Such as this clip, where the announcer says Wake "fakes the double reverse," where in fact we were only faking a single reverse.

Yep. At some point people got the endaround and reverse confused.

Good to Great in the ACC
By Heather Dinich

There is a difference between good and great. Eight wins are good. Eleven wins are great. A road win at Cincinnati is good. A home win against Oklahoma is great. Miami quarterback Jacory Harris is good.

Can he be great?

Here’s a look at three players in the ACC who could make the transition from good to great this fall:

1. Jacory Harris, QB, Miami

2. Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson

3. Josh Harris, RB, Wake Forest: Harris showed he was capable of greatness as a redshirt freshman last season, when he racked up 241 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 20 carries against the Hokies. He is under-the-radar because he’s playing for the Deacs, a 3-9 team a year ago, but if he gets the blocks from his offensive linemen this fall and is more consistent, he should be an all-ACC back. He has the potential to be more productive than the likes of Andre Ellington and Lamar Miller, and should at least be mentioned in the same company.

1043954039_BiTSc-M.jpg

Back