• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time Travelin' Nic Cage Mafia: CIVS WIN

RedSoxFaithful

a vicar in a tutu
Reaction score
Welcome to Time Travelin' Nic Cage Mafia.

This game follows Nic Cage, the Best Goddamn Actor in the Universe, as a 16-year old kid, still some two years away from getting his big break in Hollywood. See, it's Summer 1980, and Nic Cage, also a convenient Boy Genius, is just finishing up a summer spent exploring with his newly created time machine. He's traveled throughout his career, and hoarded various scripts and film reels from his future roles. Unfortunately, his time machine was a bit flawed, and in a few instances, he accidentally traveled to some much darker timelines, where he was not the Best Goddamn Actor in the Universe, but instead actually a fucking joke that nobody respected.

And so, here we are. Young Time Travelin' Nic Cage has returned back to 1980 with a duffel bag full of various scripts and films, and uh oh they've gotten all mixed up, and now he has to figure out which of these are from the future in which he is a God, and which of these are from the futures in which he Sucks. There are also a couple that he survived, even though they were from the Good Future, but also even though they are pretty Bad.

This game's distribution is as follows (14/5/1/1):
-Nic Cage is a civ, obviously.
-There are 13 (thirteen) "good" civ roles, from the Good Universe.
-There are 5 (five) "bad" mafia roles, which are fake, which I have made up, and which are from the Darkest Timelines.
-There are 2 (two) indie roles, which aren't fake, but which, hooooooooooo boy, Young Time Travelin' Nic Cage probably wishes they were?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULES:
-Don't cheat or angleshoot. Do not discuss rules in thread. Do not discuss AAing in thread. If you have ANY question about a rule, please PM me. Do not post any question/statement that could be conceived as pursuing a response from me in thread. Don't quote or discuss PMs from me. Etc., etc.
-Don't dead talk or night talk. Any night talk will get you AA'd. This includes gifs... In a game this big, I'm wanting to keep end-of-day stuff as organized as possible for easy reference. So, yeah, pls just be cool on this. Pls.
-Don't communicate with other players in this game outside of the game, unless otherwise specified/allowed. This includes but is not limited to PMs and rep.
-Don't edit or delete posts.
-Vote by bolding or ***starring*** your selection.
-Missing one vote is okay; missing two will get you AA'd.
-All players received PMs and named roles. Even vanillas received named roles.
-Players will only be notified of roleblocks if they should expect a response from their move normally.
-End of days will come at 10:30 AM, 1:30 PM, and 4:30 PM, unless otherwise specified. The title will always have the correct voting deadline in it.
-There are NO OVERTIMES, and NO MAJORITIES (again, this is for my own peace of mind in a game this big). Any players tied in votes at the end of the day will be decided via RNG.
-This board's timestamp will act as the game's official clock. Votes made at 10:30 AM will count. Votes made at 10:31 AM will not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORDER OF NIGHT OPERATIONS:
Simultaneous conflicts will be resolved via RNG
1.) Faction Roleblocks
2.) Civilian Roleblocks
3.) General "Visits" / Recruitment
4.) Messages
5.) Protection
6.) Investigations
7.) Kills (all kills simultaneous)

Last edited:
Player List:
1.) anonymousdeac: Nic Cage in The Tooth Fairy (Mafia, Ninja / Watcher), killed D4
2.) asesinodetortugas: Nic Cage in Face/Off (Civ, Impersonation), killed N1
3.) bym051d: Nic Cage in Sweeney Todd (Mafia, Vig / Tracker), AA'd D2 (Teammate deadposted)
4.) chic_deac
5.) dadeacs: Nic Cage in Valley Girl (Civ, Vanilla), killed N4
6.) deacdetejas
7.) deacvision7
8.) gouda: Nic Cage in The Magic School Bus (Mafia, Bus Driver / Roleblocker), killed N2
9.) jtpterp: Nic Cage in Guarding Tess (Civ, Bodyguard), killed D1
10.) lokisapocalypse
11.) knight: Nic Cage in Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans (Civ, Unreliable Cop), killed N3
12.) manning: Nic Cage in The Family Man (Civ, Vanilla), killed D3
13.) northerndeac: Nic Cage in The Sorcerer's Apprentice (Civ, Miller), killed N1
14.) redwing42: Nic Cage in The Weather Man (Civ, Vanilla), killed N1
15.) romanovku: Nic Cage in Moonstruck (Civ, Self-Protection), killed D2
16.) ryalaman: Nic Cage in The Rock (Civ, Vanilla), killed N1
17.) smidge: Nic Cage in Speed 2: Cruise Control (Mafia, Framer), killed N1
18.) tic
19.) timdunkandthefunk: Nic Cage in Bangkok Dangerous (Civ, Vigilante), killed D4
20.) toogs: Nic Cage in the Ghost Rider series (Indy, Medium / SK), killed N4
21.) towniedeac: Nic Cage in How to Train Your Dragon (Mafia, Silencer), killed N3

Links to End of Days:
End of Day 1
End of Day 2
End of Day 3
End of Day 4

Last edited:
All players should have received a PM. If you did not receive a PM, please PM me.

It is now Day 1. Day 1 ends 10:30:59 AM ET tomorrow.

By the way I'm probably the best Nic Cage ever

Well, ***Redwing*** and I are masons.

I have a shit civ role. I can protect myself from one person per night. YipE

It's my job to claim miller

tm5ch9.gif

I am small peen Nic Cage

I have to defend the size of my peen to anyone who questions it

Back