• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tiramisu

i've been throoughly enjoying some mini ice cream sandwhiches on occassion the past couple of weeks.

I also make a mean ass chocolate chess pie and this nut torte thing that will melt your face.

Tiramisu is the classic borderline dessert for me. If I'm not really in the mood for dessert and the most attractive thing on the menu is Tiramisu, I'll pass. If I'm really in the mood for dessert and the most attractive thing on the menu is Tiramisu, I'll probably get it, but it can go either way.

What desserts are better? Most of them.
What desserts are worse? Almost all puddings and pudding-like desserts.

I disagree. I'm the opposite. If I'm borderline on dessert and they've got tiramisu, I'm getting it.

I don't like sweets though.

They have a tiramisu cake at Costco that is divine.

I'm a fan of tiramisu. However, if I'm having an italian dessert that isn't a pastry, I'm going with panna cotta.

desserts at upper end Italian restaurants are usually underwhelming to me. I like tiramisu and gelato fine, but not at a nicer place. just doesn't seem worth it.

Pretty sure the people hating on tiramisu here haven't had truly great tiramisu. Just sayin'. There isn't a better dessert, I've had a lot of them. Just like gelato is better than ice cream, it's a fact.

Back