• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

To be the Man...

BlackjackMc

Gil McGregor
Reaction score
...you have to Beat the Man.

Clemson has run roughshod over the ACC for the past several years. They have gained the respect of the ACC and college football by winning six consecutive ACC championships and appearing in six consecutive college football playoffs. The Tigers have played for the championship four times and have won two championships as a result. They have kept the ACC relevant during that time.

Next weekend the Wake Forest Demon Deacons have a unique opportunity. They will arrive in Clemson, SC with the best record and the highest ranking of any team in the ACC. They will face a Clemson team striving to retain their ACC championship and are undefeated on their turf for the past 33 games. That streak spans five years and is the longest current streak in college football.

Despite the Demon Deacons current success this season, they remain an afterthought in the minds of many football fans and LOWF in the minds of most fans. That can end. The opportunity to Beat the Man, at his House, with his Record has arrived. An opportunity for true RESPECT is available. An Atlantic division championship and an earned ACC championship game is the reward. As wonderful as yesterday's victory may feel, this is THE game for the Demon Deacon's claim of good to great to be realized. There is no bigger game in the history of Wake Forest football. That is the fact and that is the opportunity.

Let's enjoy it with a win.

Last edited:
Deacon Nation needs to show up at high noon in Death Valley.

If we somehow beat the piss out of them, then every ACC surrogate should be on every show that will have them talking about the common opponent between Wake and Georgia.

If Wake does beat them, we'll have to hear about how down Clemson is.

While I don't care to hear how down Clemson is, I wanna hear how down Clemson is! :eek:

Finally, a Ric Flair thread.

Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it has the longest line...

I can see Clemson running their QB about 25-29 times in this game.

They saw the Sam Howell tape. So...we gotta hold on and then gang tackle. Not just dive and whiff.

DJU has a sprained PCL and looked extremely immobile against UConn. Their backup QB who can run also went down with an injury and didn’t return. I don’t think we are going to have to worry about any QB running this week.

Stack the box. Hope we have 5 or 6 healthy defensive backs, and force them to air it out to beat us.

DJU has a sprained PCL and looked extremely immobile against UConn. Their backup QB who can run also went down with an injury and didn’t return. I don’t think we are going to have to worry about any QB running this week.

DJ also isn't incredibly mobile when healthy either.

Famous last words. DJ isn’t Lamar Jackson but we have a horrible track record historically against mobile QB’s that come out of nowhere. We can make someone look like Michael Vick.

I was there a few weeks ago and Space Mountain isn't the longest line. Still a great ride though.

"You gotta ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Famous last words. DJ isn’t Lamar Jackson but we have a horrible track record historically against mobile QB’s that come out of nowhere. We can make someone look like Michael Vick.

Yeah. I'm not that worried about him making big plays, just worried about our LBs letting him extend drives.

2.5 ypc on 85(!) attempts. Good grief. Has been sacked 19 times, which seems like a lot for a Clemson O-Line to give up. Sam has been sacked 16 times and has 4.5ypc on 75 attempts.

Based on those stats I would assume that DJ gets anxious in the pocket and scrambles out before going through his progressions, and he doesn’t have the athleticism or vision to run for big gains. No way Clemson OC is calling that many run plays for a guy getting 2 yards a carry.

Yeah. I think Clemson would be ecstatic if he was Jamie Newman.

Back