• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

To Lectro

TheWormHole

Reaction score
I only ask because it seems like lectro watches a lot more than some of us during the off season. I dont care it can be sugarcoated at times or not.

Who are some guys we haven't heard of that will step up this year? It always seems like we find someone buried in the depth chart that ends up making quite a few plays. CJ Washington comes to mind (although I dont think he's coming back?) He made some touchdown saving plays on kickoff last year and I loved seeing that little guy from the stands. He also blocked that big punt during Vandy.

I only ask because it seems like lectro watches a lot more than some of us during the off season. I dont care it can be sugarcoated at times or not.

Who are some guys we haven't heard of that will step up this year? It always seems like we find someone buried in the depth chart that ends up making quite a few plays. CJ Washington comes to mind (although I dont think he's coming back?) He made some touchdown saving plays on kickoff last year and I loved seeing that little guy from the stands. He also blocked that big punt during Vandy.

Well, you certainly know Danny Dembry. Danny would qualify as an early Grobe era recruit. A H.S. QB with athleticism but little polish as a receiver. He is a big physical kid in the 6'3 and 215 range who is an excellent downfield blocker and crackback guy on orbit plays (Campanaro). He provides a physical presence and Danny is not afraid to lay guys out. He has good hands and is a dependable safety-valve as a possession guy. I look for him to have solid SR season (he has improved every year) and so 18-22 catches and maybe a couple hundred yards receiving. Danny's measurables are a 4.6 40 and a 39" vertical.

Special Teams : John Stamper (6'0-200) 4.55 40 and 34" vertical. An all around football player who is your classic "Punt,Pass and Kick" type of guy. As a backup SS he is a fundamentally sound depth guy who won't hurt you (likely 3rd team) and is a guy who covers his lane and makes sure tackles. I'd like to see the staff give John a chance to punt even if only to juice up the competition at that position. He averaged 41 yards a kick in H.S. and he would bring some push and competitive spirit to that group. In the end guys like Stamper are essential "glue guys" and he and fellow H.S. teammate Kyle Jarrett (6'2-233/4.5) will provide nearly 10 years of veteran leadsership to the special teams play. Kyle will also push for 2 Deep at LB.

Michael Hoag 6'6-305 G -- being pushed (GOOD!) by Colin Summers. Mike is a guy who has all the physical ability but he has lacked fire in his belly. Enter the 6'4-330 pound mauler from my alma mater Raleigh Broughton H.S. (Reminds me of the red-head nephew of Walt Disney, Rusty Disney (6'3-300), who played for the Caps in the early 80's and went to Tennessee and Johnny Majors). Anyway, Colin has a straight football mentality and he will get into some scrapes and he will block after the whistle during his time at WF :). His fighting style has spurred Mike to become a more intense player. Hoag is alot like Louis Frazier... a little lukewarm to football until his senior season when he realized that the spirit of team and camraderie is something he would miss in Medical School. Mike is sort of the same and now that it is winding down he is realizing "Hey, this is not what I want to do for a career but I'm going to miss it!"

Last edited:
Back