• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

To Mods please read

piratedeac92

Reaction score
I have seen a recent heavy increase in number of posts/threads that completely trash some of our players. I'm tired of reading these posts and it makes me sick to think Wake fans, of all people, can write such disgusting things about OUR OWN PLAYERS.

Would it be too much to ask for the Mods to curtail this trend? I don't mind the harsh talk, but when people are just trashing our own players, regardless of how we think they should be playing, it's disgusting and I'm tired of it.

There are other boards you can join if censorship is your thing.

Know Your Boards

The motto of the boards is "Discuss Wake Forest Athletics Freely" so I don't think they're going to do anything unless people are posting libelous statements.

But as a suggestion, if certain members are the main people doing something you don't like, put them on ignore and avoid threads that are based on what you don't like.

Last edited:
60020008.jpg

The people starting these are few and far between. #knowyourtrolls #knowyourwfufan22trolls

The players get a $60K+ scholarship each year. Besides wfu22's over-the-top schtick and that dude who was tweeting crap to CMM on Twitter a couple months ago, meh.

I have seen a recent heavy increase in number of posts/threads that completely trash some of our players. I'm tired of reading these posts and it makes me sick to think Wake fans, of all people, can write such disgusting things about OUR OWN PLAYERS.

Would it be too much to ask for the Mods to curtail this trend? I don't mind the harsh talk, but when people are just trashing our own players, regardless of how we think they should be playing, it's disgusting and I'm tired of it.

Bless your heart.

The motto of the boards is "Discuss Wake Forest Athletics Freely" so I don't think they're going to do anything unless people are posting libelous statements.

But as a suggestion, if certain members are the main people doing something you don't like, put them on ignore and avoid threads that are based on what you don't like.

This is pretty much the correct response.

I think it's important to shout down the trolls if you don't agree w/ them though. That's what negrep is for! We're not going to try and police the line too strictly between what is just criticizing a player's game/analyzing team weaknesses/issues and actually trashing a player (because that's fairly subjective). I don't personally like when people talk shit about our guys, but I'm not going to try and regulate it (unless it is libelous or we get some sort of request from said player). I think the players have thick enough skin to shake it off and are also smart enough to see that someone is just a minority viewpoint posting garbage (especially when said poster is just constantly getting disagreed with and being called a troll).

There are a lot of things I don't like either, so stop posting what I don't like.

This is pretty much the correct response.

I think it's important to shout down the trolls if you don't agree w/ them though. That's what negrep is for! We're not going to try and police the line too strictly between what is just criticizing a player's game/analyzing team weaknesses/issues and actually trashing a player (because that's fairly subjective). I don't personally like when people talk shit about our guys, but I'm not going to try and regulate it (unless it is libelous or we get some sort of request from said player). I think the players have thick enough skin to shake it off and are also smart enough to see that someone is just a minority viewpoint posting garbage (especially when said poster is just constantly getting disagreed with and being called a troll).

Short version: NO

Back