• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Today's Google Doodle

it is some famous 60s director's/artist's birthday or something? answer: yes

Saul Bass

(May 8, 1920 – April 25, 1996) was an American graphic designer and Oscar winning filmmaker, best known for his design of motion picture title sequences, film posters, and corporate logos.

..some examples of title sequences that pay homage to Bass’s graphics and animated title sequences are Catch Me If You Can (2002),[6] X-Men: First Class (2011),[7] and the opening to the AMC series Mad Men.[8]...

Last edited:
it is some famous 60s director's/artist's birthday or something? answer: yes

Saul Bass

(May 8, 1920 – April 25, 1996) was an American graphic designer and Oscar winning filmmaker, best known for his design of motion picture title sequences, film posters, and corporate logos.

..some examples of title sequences that pay homage to Bass’s graphics and animated title sequences are Catch Me If You Can (2002),[6] X-Men: First Class (2011),[7] and the opening to the AMC series Mad Men.[8]...

Man I was just bullshitting. Had no idea this was based on the same guy. Hard not to notice the similarity, though.

Back