• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tokyo Olympics

My $.02 - Biles has likely spent her entire life to this point being told she absolutely must perform, and finally reached a point where she didn't want to. I doubt it just happened this week, and she probably fought major anxiety over finally saying no to people in power for the first time in her life.

This makes sense to me- if she had tried to pull out say two weeks ago she would have had a parade of people in her ear trying to get her to reconsider. Once the competition starts though there isn’t that opportunity

I mean yeah, she shouldn't have felt forced, but Keri Strug gained more fame, attention and probably money from that one vault then she would've gotten from anything else she ever did in gymnastics. I can't stand Karolyi, but sometimes an athlete needs to be pushed by a coach. It's just a fine line between pushing someone to their best and pushing too hard. It's not an easy thing and thankfully better technology is allowing us to diagnose things much better. What's gone on with USA gymnastics is simply awful, but it's probably the norm for most of the countries that have serious programs. Doesn't make it any less wrong, just that it's probably more of a sport problem than just an American problem. You think Russia or China let it get out how many young girls have been destroyed by their gymnastics programs?

Didn’t realize China and Russia was the standard here

The bro that won the 100 freestyle, that is how we fucking Olympic baby!!! God damn finally, snatching gold out of lesser countries grasps, then getting out of the pool and telling your smoke show wife how much you love her.

That is what America do!!! Fuck these bad vibes, that’s what’s up.

That dude that won the 800 freestyle by making up a full body length on the final 50 was awesome.

They should put all the flag images in the swim lanes, not just top 3. And I don't care how many m/s they're swimming when they're all basically the same. That is all.

I watched that entire race and didn’t realize there was an American in the pool until the last 10 seconds

They should put all the flag images in the swim lanes, not just top 3. And I don't care how many m/s they're swimming when they're all basically the same. That is all.

Nah the m/s can be super helpful to see how fast the chasers are closing. Especially since the camera angles sometimes don’t really accurately show the distance between the swimmers.

The meters/second was awesome to see in the relay. Ledecky was going way faster than the Australian and Chinese

Suni Lee in first going into the last event of the women’s all-around, the floor routine . The top 4 is really tight.

Currently live on Peacock’s Tokyo Live program

The bro that won the 100 freestyle, that is how we fucking Olympic baby!!! God damn finally, snatching gold out of lesser countries grasps, then getting out of the pool and telling your smoke show wife how much you love her.

That is what America do!!! Fuck these bad vibes, that’s what’s up.

Yeah, I kind of do the same thing, I float around for awhile and stumble out and tell my wife to get me another beer. (No, she does not read these boards.)

Back