• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tom Crean: "I'm excited about rebounding drills"

" A rebound is like a letter that starts "To whom it may concern". It better concern you/"-Skip Prosser to his players.

Buzz does rebounding drills, Jim. It's the players' faults for not getting it.

His offensive and defensive sets takes our players out of position to get rebounds. When you add that to selecting players who aren't big, his teams will continue to have problems.

His offensive and defensive sets takes our players out of position to get rebounds. When you add that to selecting players who aren't big, his teams will continue to have problems.

RJ, Jeff [Redacted] teaches them how to rebound. It's their faults that they can't figure it out. That's straight from the horse's mouth.

I remember the beginning of these glorious Bz days I did a rebounding comparison between Stevens teams and WF. Our Bz apologists assured me that the problem was our size and I wanted to prove my point quickly. The first Butler FF team out rebounded its opponents. All year. All tourney. Small samples versus BCS schools. Large samples against entire schedule. All the time. We had 3 starters bigger than their biggest 2. At this point all we are doing is increasing sample size of ineptitude.

Bzzzz is going for his 8th straight team finishing outside of the top 300 in ORB %. It really is mindboggling that your teams could be consistently so bad at offensive rebounding.

I remember the beginning of these glorious Bz days I did a rebounding comparison between Stevens teams and WF. Our Bz apologists assured me that the problem was our size and I wanted to prove my point quickly. The first Butler FF team out rebounded its opponents. All year. All tourney. Small samples versus BCS schools. Large samples against entire schedule. All the time. We had 3 starters bigger than their biggest 2. At this point all we are doing is increasing sample size of ineptitude.

Despite Butler's starting C being softer than Carson and their PF a generously-listed 6'7, Steven's Bulldogs more than held their own against Indiana's NBA-caliber frontcourt.

Agreed. I was saying this in December of Buzz Year 1. I also cited the poor rebounding of his previous teams as evidence, but over on the other board I was part of the lunatic fringe...

Agreed. I was saying this in December of Buzz Year 1. I also cited the poor rebounding of his previous teams as evidence, but over on the other board I was part of the lunatic fringe...

In all seriousness (and apologies for trolling you, RJ), it's not only his sets. I've been paying a lot of attention to our shortcomings on the boards and our bigs don't even bother to box out. I agree that the system, if there is actually a system, doesn't really lend itself towards putting guys into good post position, but our guys just consistently lack basic rebounding fundamentals. Even having guys with better instincts (there's simply no doubt that Devin, Arnaud, and Travis are better rebounders than Carson, Travis, and Ty), we're almost just as bad and there's simply no explanation outside of the fact that he's just not stressing fundamentals.

Has anybody else noticed something different?

I think we could play a match-up 2-3 zone and rebound better than we do in man.

Brad's just waiting for K to retire. LOL that we thought we had a chance. Fuck you wellman.

Bzzzz is going for his 8th straight team finishing outside of the top 300 in ORB %. It really is mindboggling that your teams could be consistently so bad at offensive rebounding.

Holy balls that is a damning statistic. Someone needs to ask about that when they call in to the coaches... shit.

Dan could have easily added that stat after quoting Bz saying "ask them".

Because his teams never understand his offense and are standing around instead of attacking the basket and the boards if the shot is missed. And Wellman thinks this is going to change?

The saddest thing about this stat is that we give up more fast breaks than most teams. You'd think that if we're terrible at ORB that we'd at least be great at getting back in transition. Sadly, no.

Back