• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tom Herman: Football Coaching Candidate

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score
Tom Herman

Current position
Title Offensive Coordinator
Team Ohio State
Conference Big Ten

Biographical details
Born June 2, 1975 (age 38)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Playing career
1994–1997 California Lutheran University
Position(s). Wide Receiver

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1998 Texas Lutheran University (WR)
1999–2000. University of Texas (Graduate Assistant)
2001–2004. Sam Houston State (WR)
2005–2006. Texas State (Offensive Coordinator)
2007–2008. Rice University (Offensive Coordinator/QBs)
2009–2011. Iowa State (Offensive Coordinator/QBs)
2012-present Ohio State (Offensive Coordinator/QBs)

“Tom Herman has one of the bright young minds in college football,” said Meyer, after hiring the whiz kid who is a member of the high IQ society, Mensa. “His philosophies are very similar to those of my own.”

“I knew very well Tom had a background in Texas, and I knew he’s a good recruiter, because I did the homework before we hired him,” Meyer said. “Very good recruiter.”

Said Herman: “Having been the flavor of the month, having gone 12-0, Coach Meyer’s reputation and then this is one of the most storied programs in the history of college football. You can walk into Alaska and they’re going to know what Ohio State is. There was immediate feedback, but certainly having coached in and recruited that area for 14 years and building the relationships helps you navigate your way through, rather than dumping a guy in there who’s never been there before.”

Superior offensive philosophy, the ability to mold quarterbacks into sound decision makers and yardage producers, and achieving a level of grandeur on the recruiting trail has Herman on the fast track to joining Charlie Strong and Dan Mullen as former Meyer assistants who are equally successful once they become head coaches.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/06/23075/ohio-state-football-the-rise-of-tom-herman

Is this someone you wish to see on our list or do you have a source with him being a legit candidate? I'm not seeing his name mentioned in the search process.

Man, it would be weird having a head coach that close to my age. Intriguing candidate. Looks bro.

Sports Illustrated named Tom Herman as a candidate for our position in their last article on Pete Lembo.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/co...pete-lembo-interviews-wake-forest-ball-state/

If Wellman holds off on Lembo, he can interview Herman and Narduzzi after the Big Ten Championship game.

I think Herman could our Art Briles. His connection to the recruiting grounds in Texas and California could be a key component in elevating our program.

I like looking at the OC vs. DC matchup in the Big Ten Championship.

100% that dude is married to a dime.

100% that dude is married to a dime.

Got this of some OSU sites. I guess this is her?

953475.jpg

2ad93e9c363d9e13cdced74c5977f960.jpeg

Back