• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tommy Rees (Irish QB) arrested for battery against police officer

I just have one question. Does the police officer have any eligibility left? He was able to run down and tackle a D1 QB so he might be able to play DE or LB.

If it is anything like the Floyd DUIs, he'll be "suspended" for some pre-season practices but back in the good graces of the University and Coach Kelly in time for Week 1...

If it is anything like the Floyd DUIs, he'll be "suspended" for some pre-season practices but back in the good graces of the University and Coach Kelly in time for Week 1...

Only true if Kelly has plans for Rees next year and Rees may not be in ND's plans. Everett Golson was the far better player in the Spring game. In fact two other QBs, Gunner Kiel and Andrew Hendriz, also looked more effective. Kelly can now dump Rees; so, Kelly claim to be a law and order type of coach, when Rees was not really in his plans anyway. Brian Kelly is all about doing things to make Brian Kelly look better; so, the "punishment" will have nothing to do with what would be fair and right and will have everything to do with what helps Brian Kelly the most.

I'm guessing left out of the story are the multiple batteries he received in return after he was pepper sprayed. Assaulting a cop is basically a request to get the shite beaten out of you.

I just have one question. Does the police officer have any eligibility left? He was able to run down and tackle a D1 QB so he might be able to play DE or LB.

Al Groh kicked Ahmad Bradshaw off the UVA team prior to his freshman year when he was unable to outrun UVA campus police after wizzing on Mr. Jefferson's Lawn!

This was also a class quote from Marquis Weeks:

20090413a.jpg

Last edited:
At least I got to see some Wake football highlights on sportscenter today since that was ND's only ESPN game?

Al Groh kicked Ahmad Bradshaw off the UVA team prior to his freshman year when he was unable to outrun UVA campus police after wizzing on Mr. Jefferson's Lawn!

This was also a class quote from Marquis Weeks:

20090413a.jpg

That may be the greatest sports quote of all time. I remember when he said it, and I have quoted him frequently in the days since then (always with a derisive UVA comment included).

When we beat UVa in 2001 with a 64 yard long bomb to Jason Anderson, Anderson told Mike Hogwood in the post game interview that "I just ran like a stole something!" I always loved that quote.

I love it when black people stereotype themselves. Its just always funny.

He obviously doesn't scramble very well if a loaded down policeman caught him. Must be a pocket passer.

Back