• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tonight's rocket launch should be visible for Mid-Atlantic (7:30-9:30 PM)

JDawg

Reaction score
Been keeping an eye on this for a couple days....weather up and down the coast looks pretty ideal for tonight's launch of the lunar orbitor that will be studying the atmosphere of the moon.

For up-to-the-minute updates, especially as things get closer, follow @NASA_Wallops on twitter

http://www.universetoday.com/104515/how-to-see-the-historic-ladee-nightime-moon-shot-on-sept-6/

Wright-Brothers-National-Memorial-580x326.jpg

Lincoln-Memorial-580x326.jpg

Empire-State-Building-580x326.jpg

LADEE-Launch-Viewing-Map-Elevation-580x503.jpg

Last edited:
Bummer. I got some sweet binoculars for my birthday that would have been prefect for this

Bummer. I got some sweet binoculars for my birthday that would have been prefect for this

If you leave now, you'll be in Baltimore with a few hours to spare. We'll watch from my roof and I'll buy you dinner.

seeing that orange ball just shoot out of the ground was awesome....and then the stage 2 rockets kicked in and there was a hell of a tail. Glad I came home to see it, can now cross off watching a rocket launch to the moon (although I'd certainly like to be closer in the future)

My goal for tonight is to try and figure out how to pull off an awesome time lapse photo. This one is from LADEE back in September (launch in the OP)

ladee_dc_livingston.jpg

People in the south will have to continue to believe space missions are staged; no one has ever been able to fly off this flat Earth.

scheduled for 8:15 assuming nothing goes wrong

too cloudy here in winston town

People in the south will have to continue to believe space missions are staged; no one has ever been able to fly off this flat Earth.

In the 5,000 years of this planet's life, nothing has been able to leave...

Until the rapture.

Back