• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tony Chennault speaks about buzz

Quote:

“It was hard, because I have a lot of good friends down there, even away from the basketball aspect,” Chennault said. “The college aspect was great. I left behind a lot of great people, but I still keep in contact with them. They’re all going to be watching tomorrow, cheering me on.”

Chennault seems a little uncomfortable talking about his personal circumstances, but he visibly brightens when asked about his two years in the ACC and the future of the Wake Forest program.

“When you have a young team, those are just like growing pains,” Chennault said. “I feel like they went through some of the similar experiences we went through last year. But I felt like they got a lot better. I think they’re headed the right direction. They’ve got a great coaching staff down there, so they’re going to push those guys to get better. I think [Redacted]’s a great coach. It just takes time. People want immediate results. It doesn’t work like that.”

"I think [Redacted]'s a great coach."

Oh for Christ's sake, Tony!

"As he prepares to resume old rivalries with North Carolina on Friday in the NCAA tournament, Chennault misses Wake Forest. He misses his former teammates, including his best friend from the team, Travis McKie. He misses the campus atmosphere. And he supports embattled basketball coach Jeff [Redacted] and his staff.

“It was hard, because I have a lot of good friends down there, even away from the basketball aspect,” Chennault said. “The college aspect was great. I left behind a lot of great people, but I still keep in contact with them. They’re all going to be watching tomorrow, cheering me on.”

Chennault seems a little uncomfortable talking about his personal circumstances, but he visibly brightens when asked about his two years in the ACC and the future of the Wake Forest program.

“When you have a young team, those are just like growing pains,” Chennault said. “I feel like they went through some of the similar experiences we went through last year. But I felt like they got a lot better. I think they’re headed the right direction. They’ve got a great coaching staff down there, so they’re going to push those guys to get better. I think [Redacted]’s a great coach. It just takes time. People want immediate results. It doesn’t work like that.”

That's about what I would expect him to say. Taking the high road. He's a good kid and I would LOVE Nova to take down the Heels tonight.

I was neighbors with Tony and Travis in Palmer Hall last year. TC was a funny dude. I think Tony took the high road for Travis's sake. They're good buddies.

TC is a good kid, he's still friends with guys on the team... no way is he gonna put them in an awkward spot.

Way classier than Bz who went around telling everyone he had recruited TC's replacement

I don't follow.... How could TC saying something negative about Bz put current players in an awkward spot?

TC is a good kid, he's still friends with guys on the team... no way is he gonna put them in an awkward spot.

I don't follow.... How could TC saying something negative about Bz put current players in an awkward spot?

Talking trash about their current coach makes it a bigger story, they could be asked about it, and in general it seems like some of the players still support him. Especially because it doesn't seem like he is getting fired, it wouldn't be cool to publicly say anything bad about your friends' current coach. That puts a negative story on them that they assuredly don't want.

Talking trash about their current coach makes it a bigger story, they could be asked about it, and in general it seems like some of the players still support him. Especially because it doesn't seem like he is getting fired, it wouldn't be cool to publicly say anything bad about your friends' current coach. That puts a negative story on them that they assuredly don't want.

Not to mention Villanova doesn't want one of their players talking trash about a coach at another program.

Back