• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tony Woods to Texas

Dont really know that you can really malign Tony for his play. He never really got a ton of run. He had a couple of pretty decent power forwards playing ahead of him during his time here, iirc.

If Tony Woods ever becomes an above average player on offense, I will be stunned.

Would be nice if he was still around, but I'm a little surprised at all the big name schools he's getting attention from.

If Tony Woods ever becomes an above average player on offense, I will be stunned.

Would be nice if he was still around, but I'm a little surprised at all the big name schools he's getting attention from.

He's 6'10, 250, played credibly for two NCAA tourney teams, can rebound and isn't bad on D.

It's a nice body to have. Most teams can use him as an 8th-10th man.

Bingo.

Might turn out that taking a year off in the middle of his collegiate career will help him. I'm sure he's been playing plenty of ball.

He's 6'10, 250, played credibly for two NCAA tourney teams, can rebound and isn't bad on D.

It's a nice body to have. Most teams can use him as an 8th-10th man.

Yeah. He would have been a nice 3rd man for us last year.

Of course he does need a hand transplant.

His offense is setting picks and dunking putbacks. That's it.

Of course he does need a hand transplant.

His offense is setting picks and dunking putbacks. That's it.

But imagine how he will be with coaches that can actually COACH UP talent?

I have a feeling Tony will be good to great by his senior year.

He has an NBA body and just needs some genuine and consistent teaching.

Big men mature a lot between the first two years and the last two years. If he's been working out and playing a lot of basketball during all this he's going to be a good player.

Statistically, what do you mean by good to great?

Hmmm...not sure of the depth at Texas, but a meaningful contributor...

Definitely a starter and in top 2 in rebounding and top 3-4 in scoring would be considered "great"....10 and 10 maybe?...hopefully on the radar of some NBA teams.

But again, no idea if they are going to play him purely at the 5 or on either block and who else will be around when he's playing...

Hopefully he can live up to his potential.

I would imagine Texas is making every effort to recruit over Tony Woods at this very moment.

I would imagine Texas is making every effort to recruit over Tony Woods at this very moment.

Yep. And Texas can do it. That's why I would side with 724 on this bet. Tony was never dominant, and it's still a possibility that he'll just right the bench behind the next Tristan Thompson

But imagine how he will be with coaches that can actually COACH UP talent?

I have a feeling Tony will be good to great by his senior year.

He has an NBA body and just needs some genuine and consistent teaching.

You can improve marginal hands to being mediocre. He's got hands of stone.

It was obvious from his first games and never improved.

If your hands are that bad, your upside is severely limited.

Back