• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Too early to ask about TV for Utah State?

Sgt Hulka

Board Big Toe
Reaction score
The website says ACC network again...does that mean we are relegated to the internet for this game or is there a chance it will get picked up by a real TV channel? I'm not that familiar with the TV rules.

The TV (or lack thereof) was announced a long time ago for the first 3 games. We may get TV for App.

The website says ACC network again...does that mean we are relegated to the internet for this game or is there a chance it will get picked up by a real TV channel? I'm not that familiar with the TV rules.

You can get this high quality broadcast from our great partners at ESPN Watch and the ACC Network.

You can get this high quality broadcast from our great partners at ESPN Watch and the ACC Network.

I've watched the last 2 games on ESPN on my iPad and it's been pretty good. Would obviously prefer it on a big screen tv, but I've been traveling and it's been ok.

Suspect we won't get TV for App either (we'll likely find out tomorrow), and then should be good the rest of the way

Yeah. We have the worst matchup of the 9 ACC games on the 23rd. ESPN3 is likely.

It's a Sun Belt game since App's hosting, so it wouldn't be on any of the ACC packages anyway. E1 (won't happen)/E2 (won't happen)/EU (semi-slightest of chances??) would have to elect to televise it. Don't think it's happening

It's a Sun Belt game since App's hosting, so it wouldn't be on any of the ACC packages anyway. E1 (won't happen)/E2 (won't happen)/EU (semi-slightest of chances??) would have to elect to televise it. Don't think it's happening

The Sunbelt's football TV contract is with ESPN, and through the first 3 weeks of the season, Sunbelt teams will have hosted 15 games. ESPN agreed to televise 2 of them over the air: Ok State at South Alabama on ESPN2 (this was a Friday night game), and Miami at Arkansas State on ESPNU (which was never played because of Irma). All the remaining 13 Sunbelt Conference home games which ESPN had the rights to were only available on the internet on ESPN3.

There is no chance that ESPN is going to pick up the WF at App. State to televise it on an over the air network. BTW, not sure that the Sunbelt made the best choice going with ESPN as its TV rights holder, but maybe no other network was interested in that pathetic conference. FWIW, pretty sure that WF will be the first Power V conference team in the last 20 years to not have a single one of its first 4 games televised on an over the air network. Most FCS (1-AA) teams will have had better TV coverage than WF through that stretch.

And unsurprisingly all the TV slots are taken. Game will probably just start whenever App wants -- believe they typically like 3:30 kicks so people can get up/down the mountain

So Sling carries ACCNetwork now, but I'm probably gonna drop them in favor of Youtube TV, which doesn't have it.

3:30 it is for App. E3

Last edited:
Yeah. We have the worst matchup of the 9 ACC games on the 23rd. ESPN3 is likely.

There are some good games that week, but Louisville v Kent State, Va Tech v Old Dominion, and Miami v Toledo are not among them.

I get inside info on this stuff. Lame, but it's my contribution!

Can't wait for my Watch ESPN app to freeze every time the hotels.com ad runs.

So lame. We are actually playing solid football...No reason we shouldn't be on 1 of the 20 ish channels that show Football every Saturday. Can't wait to watch Arkansas State vs. Grambling instead. Well, nvm, I'll be there...But the point stands.

So lame. We are actually playing solid football...No reason we shouldn't be on 1 of the 20 ish channels that show Football every Saturday. Can't wait to watch Arkansas State vs. Grambling instead. Well, nvm, I'll be there...But the point stands.
Grambling or Arkansas State fan?

Creamy, I'll be there too(parking will be a nightmare; hoping to Uber or taxi from the hotel). The game-day atmosphere will be great, and even though it's on ESPN3 I'm hoping the guy in the red coat won't be there for the endless stoppage of play for commercials. IIRC he was not there for the Presby game.

Back