• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 25 Douchiest Bars in LA and NYC

WakeDogg

Reaction score
NYC list: http://www.complex.com/city-guide/2011/12/the-25-douchiest-bars-in-nyc#2

LA list: http://www.complex.com/city-guide/2012/02/the-25-douchiest-bars-in-la

i only know the LA ones (and all i can say is apparently i'm a giant douche)

as far as LA, completely agree with Saddle Ranch (tourist thing), Skybar (euro douchey now), The Parlor (used to love El Guapos before it changed). on the other hand, i still love the original Barney's Beanery (even though now it's a sports bar instead of a cool dive bar) and i like Q's too. i know not many LA people on the board but i'm sure there are some NYC douches that can comment...

basically i think these lists say if you go out in LA or NYC you're a douche by default. probably true...

There was a reality show about Saddle Ranch on VH-1 and in the intro episode one of the waitresses said "This place is unique. There is no other place in the world like this"..........except there are others in Cali and Az.

Last edited:
Eh, most of those LA bars aren't bad.

Parlor in Santa Monica used to be boss. I always hit up Qs/Bruhaus/Cabo row, and Barney and Big Wangs are two of the best places to watch sports. Sharkeez is terrible though, but so is the entire Hermosa Pier crowd.

Every bar in Hell's Kitchen/Meatpacking District is douchey.

Eh, most of those LA bars aren't bad.

Parlor in Santa Monica used to be boss. I always hit up Qs/Bruhaus/Cabo row, and Barney and Big Wangs are two of the best places to watch sports.

yeah love Barney's and Big Wangs. like i said i think this guy just doesn't like bars...

I've never been to LA, but I've been to at least 5 of the douchey NY bars....damn. But I just follow my friends who live there around when I'm up there so I take no responsibility and my friends are definitely all douches

I like Townhouse too. The Schlitz there actually tastes good and they have live music.

Yup, not the same one mentioned in the article but the Santa Monica one is modeled after the original pretty closely.

The Sharkeez (it's a chain of shit) in HB had the most DUIs of any bar in CA. Terrible drinks. Terrible food and terrible service. Other than that you should go there.

The NYC list seems to be predominantly cheesy college / post college hangouts mixed in with a few snottier places. So if a bar where young people go to get drunk and hook up is douchey, then they hit the big ones. (Although, by that criteria, they could've just listed every bar in Murray Hill.)

Coyote Ugly is a bar based on a movie based on another bar. It's inclusion on the list is odd, I didn't know anyone actually went there.

(And I like Ainsworth for watching sports, though it's definitely a pick up scene.)

I've been to many of the NYC places and could have told you without looking that Joshua Tree would #1. Joshua Tree is also the #1 spot to run into Wake former fratstars. I will say it is fun at certain moments. I'm just glad my old spot The Big Easy didn't make the list.

I live within walking distance of Sharkeez in Hermosa and can confirm that it has by far the highest douche ratio of any bar I've ever seen. I'm completely serious. I can't even properly describe how douchey it is... maybe I will take a pic to do I justice. You can actually smell the axe body spray when you walk by.

I went to Joshua Tree my last trip to NYC. Went with a former FSU sorority girl so I'm wasn't shocked by the clientele.

25 is way too high of a number to make the list anything more than a list of "every popular bar in the city"

I think I've been to like 5-6 of them, I'm not a big fan of Cabo Cantina, always preferred Q's more. Wangs is where we watch our Wake Events. Baja Cantina is a little lame, but I don't think its douchey. Brennans has douchey bartenders but non-douchey clientele.

Barneys does not deserve to be on the list at all.

how has no one mentioned brother jimmy's on that list? its like the only place to find low-quality wake forest games on TV. there is some high quality jersey trash talent in the murray hill site.

lol #10 professor thom's. i was once violently removed from that bar by ownership while cheese and rj=mj were in a brawl around the corner.

Back