• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Top 5 Comic Strips of All Time (Past and Present)

I loved Bloom County. Pretty much the only comic strip that legit made me laugh. Bill the Cat was hilarious.

I guess that explains your handle, Bob Street ACK fan for life

C&H
Bloom County (close second)
Dilbert (distant third)

among my other favorites are Close to Home, The Far Side, and Non Sequitur, not necessarily in that order

We're missing the greatest strip of all-time, The Dysfunctional Family Circus.

QCC3BRV.jpg

Reminds me of Garfield Minus Garfield:

garfield%20minus%20garfield.bmp

Calvin and Hobbes (I own every collection and have read each one probably a half dozen times)

Huge gap

The Far Side (pretty genius stuff)
Garfield (mostly when I was really young, as I got older I realized I never really found them that funny)
Bloom County (only exposure was a single collection book, and I think I didn't get a lot of the references/jokes because I was too young, but I read it many times - I'm sure this would move up if I had read more of it when I was older)
Peanuts (just cause it's Peanuts)

Calvin and Hobbes (I own every collection and have read each one probably a half dozen times)

Huge gap

The Far Side (pretty genius stuff)
Garfield (mostly when I was really young, as I got older I realized I never really found them that funny)
Bloom County (only exposure was a single collection book, and I think I didn't get a lot of the references/jokes because I was too young, but I read it many times - I'm sure this would move up if I had read more of it when I was older)
Peanuts (just cause it's Peanuts)

I have the Complete Far Side two hardcover book edition, and want to get the same for C&H, though I've probably read every strip multiple times (own most of the books, borrowed others)

The list is pretty much just 3 long. The Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes and Dilbert. There are some other goods one but the gap after those three is pretty large...

1. Peanuts
2. Bloom County
3. Calvin & Hobbes
4. The Far Side
5. Get Fuzzy

HM- The Boondocks

[Wellman]
1. Ziggy
2. Family Circus
3. The Phantom
4. Cathy
5. Wake Forest Basketball '10 - present[/Wellman]

My Avatar tells you my bias...

1) Bloom County
2) Calvin and Hobbs
3) Peanuts
4) The Boon Docks
5) Dilbert

Are we counting Outland as a separate strip from Bloom County?

I don't even think the N&O had bloom county... I feel like I've missed out. Also surprised at the lack of love for Get Fuzzy.

The Boondocks had some great ones over the years:

BoondocksReagan.gif

757a77705ceb012ee3bd00163e41dd5b

Back